WK CRD: Service Manual For Engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK CRD: Service Manual For Engine

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
Tuco
2007 WK 

WK CRD: Service Manual For Engine

We got the CD that has the 2007 Grand Cherokee service manual, but it is rather limited with respect to the CRD engine. There is some information, but not nearly as complete as the information for the other engines.

Is there a source for a service manual that has more CRD engine info? We dont plan on tearing our new engine down, but like Scotty on Star Trek, I enjoy reading the technical information. It would be nice to learn a lot more about the technical aspects of this engine.

Unread 09-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
TNxjLimited

Tuco,
I am not sure where you can find more info on the CRD motor. My best guess is the Mercedes dealer. Sorry I cant be of more help. I just got my new 07 CRD overland and would love to get a copy of that service manual. Is there any way I could get a copy of yours.
Thanks
Brandon
TNxjLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
Tuco
2007 WK 

I would think the Jeep mechanics have access to a manual that is more informative than the one I have. Maybe it will just take a little more time until this becomes available to us.
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
boxcab

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
I would think the Jeep mechanics have access to a manual that is more informative than the one I have.
I think this is probably what they have, but they have other resources, too. I was always impressed, when getting parts for my ZJ, that the guy at the parts counter could look up diagrams and get exact part numbers.

Two other things I wonder about: would the print manual have more detail, and will the 2008 WK Service Manual CD have more detailed info?

2007 WK CRD
boxcab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
merlinTec

Hi
Dealer info is all online now, it is the best way to have up to date info. Any new info all you do is update the web site instead of sending out a new CD to every dealer. There are CD back ups but not the best way to have upto date info.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Unless you bought it from Tech Authority, it's probably not the complete manual. You can search for the FSM on CD and the wiring diagram from http://www.techauthority.daimlerchrysler.com

I've also used alldata.com and they were pretty decent but you have to pay a subscription fee.

TNxjLimited- FSMs are copyrighted materials and we do not support copyright infringement on this site. Since you are new here consider this your only warning - Do not ask for duplication of copyrighted materials. Welcome to Jeepforum, I hope you enjoy your stay.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:35 AM   #7
boxcab

2007 WK 

Yep, I got mine from Tech Authority. I see they don't have a 2008 CD yet. I got the CD only because the price of the printed manuals was really too much for a guy interested in basic maintenance. I can at least print out the stuff I need, then figure out what errors and omissions are in the data. They also have a training course on diesels, but only up through the KJ. Isn't Alldata basically a TSB source, or do they have other info as well?

2007 WK CRD
boxcab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #8
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

I think it's pretty much the FSM CD converted to a website. If you're saying the TA CD doesn't have the info then I don't think Alldata would be any better.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #9
TNxjLimited

Ha ha, ok.
TNxjLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
merlinTec

Hi
What info are you after? I will see if it’s on our CD and give you the number off the CD to see if you can get it.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #11
Tuco
2007 WK 

It would be nice to have a complete tear-down procedure for the CRD engine. The CD that we have covers the fuel and exhaust systems and thats about it.
Unread 10-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #12
merlinTec

Hi Tuco
Two of the service CDs I have is 81-726-7055dvd and 81-726-7055ecd. The dvd is the only one that has CRD service info you are after the ecd doesn’t, you will have to look under WH if you get this DVD but the service info is for the WK just has little notes for WH. Can’t find this in tech authority but maybe you could e-mail them.
Hope this helps you,
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 10-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
menoche

2007 WK 

are the wiring diagrams included in the CD or do we have to buy them apart?

never mind they are included.....
menoche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2008, 01:42 PM   #14
menoche

2007 WK 

GRRRR techautority will not let me enter a Canadian address. Anybody know where I can get the WK service manual CD in CAnada?
menoche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2008, 02:21 PM   #15
merlinTec

Hi
perhaps the dealer could supply you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.