WK CRD Exhaust Upgrade - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK CRD Exhaust Upgrade

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #46
no-blue-screen
2008 WK 

Speaking of ATS and the EPA.....did you read the lawyers letter that was leaked out? Crazy stuff.

CRD TURBO SEAL OIL LEAK FIX
WK CRD - EGR CLEANING WRITE-UP
MY FUEL ECONOMY DATABASE
no-blue-screen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #47
monday
2007 WK 

Does anyone know if this will work on the Jeep or has anyone heard of it? http://www.bullydog.com/product/inde..._detail/220/89
monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #48
ctate
2007 WK 

I have not heard or read that article....what the scoop?

Monday, I called bullydog about that chip and It will work. The numbers are not that great compared to other chips guys are runnin on this forum.
ctate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 03:22 AM   #49
Spider-One
2008 WK 

The Bully Dog chip seems exactly the same as the TDC chip, just double the price. If you read the instructions all it does it plug into the fuel rail.
Unread 01-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #50
Swayse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The 6.7 cummins guys are having lots of luck with unplugging the EGR, 2 to 3 mpg better, half the regens, and it keeps the intake clean. With some of them, when you unplug the egr, it will close the throttle plate, and you have to remove the throttle plate to get it to run right.

I've tried unplugging the EGR on my Jeep, it closed the throttle plate. I've thought about taking the throttle plate off and trying it, but I can't bring myself to tear into the Jeep.

I can live with the regens on the Jeep, every 750 miles isn't too bad. I wouldn't really mind more power, but I'm fine with what it makes now. I just can't stand the thought of all the exhaust going back through the intake, making everything messy and dirty, and costing me 3 mpg.
Unread 01-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #51
ctate
2007 WK 

Swayse, you unpluged that egr and did have any problems? I've read alot about guys who own Chevy Ford or Dodges having alot of luck with blocking off the egr.
ctate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #52
Rocketron
2008 WK 

Tdc Cr Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctate View Post
Rocketron, I like the Spider alot. I can really feel the diffrence when I tow. I got it from dieseltuning.co.uk/select.html (look under Chrysler) I think I paid $850 for it. The mileage is better. Dieseltuning said that this tuner will not clog the DPF, which it hasen't so I'm getting around the area of 21.5 city/mixed driving and around 25 hwy and thats with the 265/70r17. The Dyno on the tuner was 270hp and 487ft lb of torque.

Mish Mish, I dont think anyone has tried to remove the DPF on our WK's yet....I searched around diesel performance places with no luck. Badptrucks.com said that they would make a DPF delete kit but they need the vehicle to do it. I called elitediesel.com and they said that a kit may be coming soon. ATS diesel has come out with a "highflow" DPF for the big 3 which is supposed to have great gains. I know a guy at ATS so I'm going to talk to him about using my WK as a guinea pig so they will make one for us.
Hello and thanks for the feedback. So, I am not planning to put CR Plus back on and seems like it is a choice between the Spider or the Startech. Does the Spider plug into the fuel rail like the CR Plus? Please tell me more about function of it.

Mish Mish, what is your opinion of the two? Startech is double the price but probably more functions... and it sounds like maybe a little better on the engine. Should I fork out the money for it and buy the Spider? Maybe the Spider is considerably better than the CR Plus??? I like the simplicity and price of the Spider if it is indeed better than the CR Plus. Also, Mish mish, you leave your Brabus on when you take it to the dealer and they never say anything about voiding the warranty or anything. Does it show up when they hook your CG to the computer?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. My GC is going in for the checkup early next week, could not get it in this week. I will let everyone know if DPF is clogged up or not. I will go from there.

Best Regards
Rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #53
Swayse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctate View Post
Swayse, you unpluged that egr and did have any problems? I've read alot about guys who own Chevy Ford or Dodges having alot of luck with blocking off the egr.
Well, when I unplugged the egr, the throttle plate closed, that made the jeep undrivable. It would only make 9 psi of boost, and it took forever for it to make it. If you took the throttle plate off of the sensor shaft, I think it would work. But the check engine light would be on the whole time.
Unread 01-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #54
monday
2007 WK 

Where do you get the TDC Chip?
monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #55
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketron View Post
Mish Mish, what is your opinion of the two? Startech is double the price but probably more functions... and it sounds like maybe a little better on the engine. Should I fork out the money for it and buy the Spider? Maybe the Spider is considerably better than the CR Plus??? I like the simplicity and price of the Spider if it is indeed better than the CR Plus. Also, Mish mish, you leave your Brabus on when you take it to the dealer and they never say anything about voiding the warranty or anything. Does it show up when they hook your CG to the computer?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. My GC is going in for the checkup early next week, could not get it in this week. I will let everyone know if DPF is clogged up or not. I will go from there.

Best Regards
Hi,
Startech is the same as brabus box, as far as I know.
I did take mine for service with brabus on and starscan did not notice it. Dealership does not case, as long as I do not claim failed engine replacement, I suppose.
I think all other boxes, but brabus/startech connect to one place only, which makes them less refined and not trusted (in my opinon), than the Mercedes approved brabus-startech.
Unread 01-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #56
Rocketron
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
Hi,
Startech is the same as brabus box, as far as I know.
I did take mine for service with brabus on and starscan did not notice it. Dealership does not case, as long as I do not claim failed engine replacement, I suppose.
I think all other boxes, but brabus/startech connect to one place only, which makes them less refined and not trusted (in my opinon), than the Mercedes approved brabus-startech.
Thanks, I take it in on Tuesday for service and to check out the bad milage, see what the service tech says. I will report back.

I hate to spend lots of money on Startech but I agree it is probably the best on the market so far.
Rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #57
reprobate
2008 WK 

Dpf

Yes, I'm interested.
Got other things to take care of first. The ARB winch bumper fit fine. ARB lists it up to 2007 and there is slight differances between '07 & '08 factory mounts but a little work with a grinder took care of that. Took it back off to get it painted same same as the car and now it is at River Oaks Jeep body shop getting the paint job and also the right side straighted out and painted at the same time. Cost more to get the dents out than the hole *** bumper!
I think next is just to remove the tail pipe resonator. I pull a heavy trailer and mpg suks.
Regard, Carl
reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #58
wk_crd56
2008 WK 

DPF
__________________________________________________ _______________

I am also interest in the highflow dpf. Keep us posted as to when this should come out...
Unread 01-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #59
Spider-One
2008 WK 

How much of a difference would a high flow DPF make. Obviously it would add performance wise due to more air flow but would it really make a difference MPG wise? Wouldn't we just run longer before regen but have to dump more fuel down for each regen?
Unread 02-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #60
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

Removing the DPF or adding a high flow DPF would improve performance as there will be less back pressure. Typically, with stock vehicle setups there is only a minor gain in MPG considering we usually get on the gas a lot more and the current ECU mapping is designed to accommodate the existing exhaust. You will usually see better gains after altering ecu mapping either with a reflash or adding a brabus box or something. In a nutshell you stay in boost more often and therefore dump in more fuel.

If you can learn to be a little more moderate after a major exhaust mod, you can see improved MPG.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.