WK CRD Exhaust Upgrade - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK CRD Exhaust Upgrade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 11-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #16
fatfreddy
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniebravo View Post
can you post the direct link, that page is loaded with good stuff...and I can't seem to locate exactly what you've referenced (actually I keep getting distracted looking at all the cool stuff).

the ML was rated at 27 highway so that is a big improvement. According to the page, the jeep was road tested at 24 mpg...so if we can improve to 27-28 mpg that would be fantastic. But I do suspect that our 5 speed with 3.73s don't help.
The picture is www.whnet.com/4x4/pix/om642_01.jpg

fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #17
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

I don't see it on that picture, it only shows the front section of the engine. if this resonator is after the turbo (like a normal turbo back exhaust) then it isn't picture. Maybe I am confused
Unread 11-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
no-blue-screen
2008 WK 

johnnie, I think he is talking about the ribbed black piece that is on the front of the engine.

CRD TURBO SEAL OIL LEAK FIX
WK CRD - EGR CLEANING WRITE-UP
MY FUEL ECONOMY DATABASE
no-blue-screen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #19
fatfreddy
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-blue-screen View Post
johnnie, I think he is talking about the ribbed black piece that is on the front of the engine.
Yes it is the black ribbed piece.I took mine off and replaced it with bent piece of exhuast pipe and a hose at each end clamped to the turbo pipe and inlet hose to the intercooler.Noticed way better throttle response and less throttle to move down the road.
fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #20
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

Now I am tracking! So it is listed as a resonator? I will have to look into taking this off.

So this piece and the rear resonator removed will improve the MPG....
Unread 11-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #21
MBRP
2008 JK Wrangler 

For a direct fit, bolt on system from MBRP, the part number is S6500AL. These systems are a muffler delete, with mandrel bent tubing. Fuel economy and throttle response are both great advantages for upgrading your stock exhaust.

The price of this DPF back system is 308.73. You could install this system in no more than an hour with basic hand tools. There is a polished T-304 stainless steel tip included as well.

For more information feel free to give me a call at 1-888-636-7223.

MBRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRP View Post
For a direct fit, bolt on system from MBRP, the part number is S6500AL. These systems are a muffler delete, with mandrel bent tubing. Fuel economy and throttle response are both great advantages for upgrading your stock exhaust.

The price of this DPF back system is 308.73. You could install this system in no more than an hour with basic hand tools. There is a polished T-304 stainless steel tip included as well.

For more information feel free to give me a call at 1-888-636-7223.

Can you guys do custom DPF delete pipe?
If yes, I will buy this item above.
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #23
MBRP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
At this time it is not legal to alter or modify the emission controls on these jeeps. The new DPF systems can not be removed according to the EPA. We have been told that manufacturing the DPF delete is also not allowed. Our legal department has instructed us to stay clear at this time. If it is allowed down the road, we will most definitely make something that would bolt right up to our DPF back systems.
MBRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #24
WKDiesel56
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
I'm possibly with Mish_Mish on that one.

Is this kit any larger than the stock tubing or are you essentially just replacing all of the tubing for the purpose of deleting the muffler?
WKDiesel56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #25
ctate
2007 WK 

Im with Mish_Mish and WKDiesel56. As soon a Delete kit comes out for our CRD's, Ill be the first to buy one! I have the MPRP filter back exhaust on my CRD and I think the performance is great for a filter back... looks great too. But, there is nothing like a turbo back exhaust for maximum power and mpg gains.

Last edited by ctate; 11-28-2008 at 04:50 PM..
ctate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #26
no-blue-screen
2008 WK 

The key to the DPF delete kit and protecting against legal issues would be selling it for off-road use....in theory anyway. I don't think I would be up for that though..when I upgrade I am going to stick with a DPF back system. I just want something that looks like a huge pipe...I also would like a side exit. I am thinking I am going to have to get something custom done based on what I want.

CRD TURBO SEAL OIL LEAK FIX
WK CRD - EGR CLEANING WRITE-UP
MY FUEL ECONOMY DATABASE
no-blue-screen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #27
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

I think deleting DPF is nothing compared to all semi trucks with no exhaust filtering at all. Will have to come up with something in my friend's garage.
I am also interested in this boost resonator gutting, this thing does seem plain stupid to me. My goal is more breathing and more turbo whistling
Unread 11-29-2008, 05:45 AM   #28
basthen
2007 WK 

What about building and selling for Canadian owners? Lots of guys have pig tails, dpf, cat and muffler removed here in Alberta, Canada on their diesel pickup trucks.
basthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #29
ctate
2007 WK 

I agree with Mish-Mish....I want more air out and I want to hear the turbo wistle! Mish, if you come up with somehting in that friends garage, then let me know. Badptrucks.com told me that they would do a DPF delete for the WK but they would need the WK. If I was closer to huston tx, I would be there in a heart beat getting that crap off. DPF's belong on school buses not my rig Know anyone with the CRD close to Huston TX?

MISH, what is this boost resonator gutting? never heard of that.
ctate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #30
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctate View Post
I agree with Mish-Mish....I want more air out and I want to hear the turbo wistle! Mish, if you come up with somehting in that friends garage, then let me know. Badptrucks.com told me that they would do a DPF delete for the WK but they would need the WK. If I was closer to huston tx, I would be there in a heart beat getting that crap off. DPF's belong on school buses not my rig Know anyone with the CRD close to Huston TX?

MISH, what is this boost resonator gutting? never heard of that.

Boost resonator is that plastic, kidney shaped sack infront of the engine block. Turbo outlet pipe goes to it on one end and intercooler duct on the other. It has some muffler like thingies in it that keep noise down by producing muffler like effect. This is my understanding on the subject.
I recon if I can opne it and get all the obstructing objects out, that would help a little.
It bothers me to feel such sluggish takeoff when I possess one of the most advanced diesel engines with brabus tuning kit. I'd understand all the restrictions if I lived in Denmark, or some other gay place when they sniff up my tail pipe every 6 months, but not in O-hi-o

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.