WK CRD - Diesel Emissions Study? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK CRD - Diesel Emissions Study?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #46
TangoTango
2008 WK 

The reason for using a Nigerian address is so you can ship each jeep to Africa for $250 plus shipping.

TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #47
teddymalone
2008 WK 

They have my 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel in for the testing right now

They picked it up from me on 2/20/12. They gave me a Dodge Journey (rental from Enterprise) to use in the interim. When they picked it up they said it would take between 1 - 4 weeks.

Frankly, I probably should have thought more about it, but when they said they wanted to test it and would give me $250 for it, it sounded fine to me. I have owned the vehicle for 4 years and 2 months and it had 68,000 miles on it.

Just before I got the letter, I was wondering about the diesel filter and whether I was supposed to get it cleaned or something. I wondered because I notice an odd track of really black soot-like dirt on the back door. It is a white vehicle and the black on the back door is very noticeable. It seems to have gotten worse over the last year.

So if they are replacing it as well as the rest of the exhaust system, I am happy. It will save me the time and money of having to have it done myself.

They told me I wouldn't get my check until 10-14 days after they returned my vehicle.

I hope they keep it for 2 more weeks. I'm happy putting mileage on their car instead of mine.

I've only had two problems with the vehicle so far --
1. The automatic window switch in the front drivers door had to be replaced
2. The windshield wipers no longer seat themselves -- they mysteriously just started to stop at the top of their swing when on intermittent and now they just stop like that when I turn them off. It would be sweet if they would fix that.
teddymalone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #48
SSF556
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Good luck....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #49
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddymalone View Post
2. The windshield wipers no longer seat themselves -- they mysteriously just started to stop at the top of their swing when on intermittent and now they just stop like that when I turn them off. It would be sweet if they would fix that.
I've lost track of my problems

Good news is all repairs have been under warranty.

Let us know how it all turns out. Hopefully they won't use your jeeps in any heists.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #50
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Wow I forgot about this thread
Keep us posted

I couldn't live without mine for that long lol
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #51
Joebob034

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddymalone View Post
They picked it up from me on 2/20/12. They gave me a Dodge Journey (rental from Enterprise) to use in the interim. When they picked it up they said it would take between 1 - 4 weeks.

Frankly, I probably should have thought more about it, but when they said they wanted to test it and would give me $250 for it, it sounded fine to me. I have owned the vehicle for 4 years and 2 months and it had 68,000 miles on it.

Just before I got the letter, I was wondering about the diesel filter and whether I was supposed to get it cleaned or something. I wondered because I notice an odd track of really black soot-like dirt on the back door. It is a white vehicle and the black on the back door is very noticeable. It seems to have gotten worse over the last year.

So if they are replacing it as well as the rest of the exhaust system, I am happy. It will save me the time and money of having to have it done myself.

They told me I wouldn't get my check until 10-14 days after they returned my vehicle.

I hope they keep it for 2 more weeks. I'm happy putting mileage on their car instead of mine.

Any updates? I just recently received a letter in the mail and am wondering if this is legit or not.
Joebob034 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #52
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
They will put a "black box" on your CRD to track your every movement....tin foil hat off
Yah for sure and they are no doubt spying on our Jeep Forum and have the names and addresses of everyone who has removed the entire emissions control systems from their jeeps
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.