WK 5.7 Hemi Keep it or leave it - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK 5.7 Hemi Keep it or leave it

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
stassin02

WK 5.7 Hemi Keep it or leave it

Hey guys I recently joined the forum after lurking for a while. I have a 2005 Jeep Grand cherokee 5.7Hemi with about 120K. I wanted to here from some guys that have had the jeep for over 100K and get some insights and opnions. Before I do that ill share what I have done with to the car:

Reason for owning: Haul a car to participate in HPDE's and daily driving. AWD was needed becasue I lived in NY at the time of purchase.

Over the last 3 years the following has been swapped out:

- Struts and springs
- Starter
- Battery
- Throttle body
- Spark Plugs
- Altenator
- Shocks for the hood and trunk
- The differntial mount
- Fresh set of tires
- Oil changes
- The PCM just quit on me and I am taking the aftermarket approach to swap it out (300 versus 600.00). Need to do that for the car to run
- Door handles need to be replaced (which ill do)

im at the point as to whether im better off getting rid of it or holding on to it. wanted to here your thought
So I wanted to see what other potential issues I may have (aside from the tranny) if there is anyone that has gotten a WK 5.7 liter to 200K. I have searched and had no luck of finding someone to hit the 200K point yet

Thanks for the feedback guys

stassin02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
sickchilly
2010 WK 

I really like the WK and there's nothing cheaper than the car you own. So of course I'd keep it. I think you'll find most here will say the same. We're slightly biased.
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I would say keep it. Every car has its problems in the long run. Most of the stuff you listed is normal for any vehicle. Now if you were to say you had to rebuild a tranny, fix the motor or anything like that it may be a different story. But my opinion would be to keep it. Plus no hassle of selling it, all the paperwork, buying another car, and then all that paperwork.
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I also have the 5.7L HEMI and love it. I have had to replace the Transfer case at a cost of $950 which wasn't too bad but I'm still happy with the WK.
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin
I also have the 5.7L HEMI and love it. I have had to replace the Transfer case at a cost of $950 which wasn't too bad but I'm still happy with the WK.
There's a guy on here that has over 300,000 miles on his WK, I think it's the 3.7 though.
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt

There's a guy on here that has over 300,000 miles on his WK, I think it's the 3.7 though.
Ya he has the 3.7L. Last time I seen he was at 350,000 which was a little bit ago.
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

I'd keep it too but I just got mine so I don't count
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #8
deweezy
2005 WK 

I'm at 155k, I've had mine since a little after 100k only things I've done are replaced starter solenoid connector, and a battery. I drive 80 miles daily 5 days out of the week, I've burned through a ***** ton of fuel and oil though lol
deweezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.