WK 2005 Electrical Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK 2005 Electrical Issue

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
ClaysonQ

WK 2005 Electrical Issue

I finally bought my first Jeep about a year ago, 2005 Grand Cherokee. It's run great with just a few minor issues that are off and on, literally. My airbag light will go off and on occasionally while I am driving. It'll do this for a few days and then I'll go weeks or months without it ever happening again. I asked a mechanic and he thought it was a sensor that had been knocked around. Recently though my A/C will go off and on and the lighting on the dash and stereo will dim and brighten randomly. Has anyone experienced this or can you give me some advice? Thanks!

ClaysonQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Have your alternator checked, It may be going bad.
Unread 09-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
kevin776

I have the same problem with my 05 wk hemi. The dash lights flicker on high but if I make them a little dimmer they are normally fine. If I giggle my multifunction switch it normally stops the flicker. Doesn't bother me enough to replace the stalk. I also have trans over temp light (p0218) come on randomly as well. I think that it might be due to bad ground wires
kevin776 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.