WK 05 GC Fan doesn't work. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK 05 GC Fan doesn't work.

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
keiobrie
2005 WK 

WK 05 GC Fan doesn't work.

Fan won't work on any speed. Just noticed this the other day, but switching it on and off, and going though the speeds did the trick. Then today it wouldn't come on again, so I turned off the vehicle and then turned it back on, and it worked. Now it won't work no matter what I do. The first thing that I thought was ignition, now i'm leaning toward fuse/resistor (have to check the manual). My question is....Is this a common occurrence with my type of Jeep? If so, does someone know? Tomorrow my plan was to trouble shoot going from the fuse panel, to the fan blower/switch, then my only guess left would be the ignition, which I hear WK GC's have an issue with. I was just wondering if I could make things a little quicker with some expert advise/knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

keiobrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
fatfreddy
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiobrie View Post
Fan won't work on any speed. Just noticed this the other day, but switching it on and off, and going though the speeds did the trick. Then today it wouldn't come on again, so I turned off the vehicle and then turned it back on, and it worked. Now it won't work no matter what I do. The first thing that I thought was ignition, now i'm leaning toward fuse/resistor (have to check the manual). My question is....Is this a common occurrence with my type of Jeep? If so, does someone know? Tomorrow my plan was to trouble shoot going from the fuse panel, to the fan blower/switch, then my only guess left would be the ignition, which I hear WK GC's have an issue with. I was just wondering if I could make things a little quicker with some expert advise/knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!
If it is the resister pack the fan would still run on "HIGH".
fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.