wiper problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > wiper problem

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 01-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
wim3324
2006 WK 

wiper problem

hi everybody,
have a problem with my wipers
when I start the car ,and when I switch of ,the wipers go up and down only once!!Can anybody pls help me what causes this problem.
thanks.any advice would be appreciated

wim3324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wim3324
hi everybody,
when I start the car ,and when I switch of ,the wipers go up and down only once!!Can anybody pls help me what causes this problem.
They're not on, are they? Are they slightly raised from the park position? I've had the same problem with my jeep for a few months now; but just this past week, they've gone back down and I haven't had the mystery wipes anymore. Of course I just jinxed myself and will probably have he problem tomorrow.

I used them for like 4 hours on Wednesday and that seems to be the point when they started working properly again.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
wim3324
2006 WK 

no,they are not on!
and yes sometimes they are slightly raised from thr ''park'' position.
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

Do you have rain sensing wipers?
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wim3324
hi everybody,
When you said of did you mean on or off?
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
wim3324
2006 WK 

I don't have the rainsensing wipers!

when I switch the ignition on or off,the wipers move up and down once.
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
shmebbr6
2005 WK 

I have this same problem. It went away but came back.some one suggested cleaning the contact of the wiper bolt. Anyone solve yet?
shmebbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:45 AM   #8
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmebbr6
I have this same problem. It went away but came back.some one suggested cleaning the contact of the wiper bolt. Anyone solve yet?
Honestly I have no idea for the fix but mine have been working good as new for the past 6 weeks or so. I was driving to go skiing and it was like a freezing rain falling on the drive up. I had to use my wipers for probably 90 minutes. They've been working fine since then.

I wish I knew what I did but I just got lucky is all.
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Bad switch ? My rear one broke and i just replaced the switch $100 good as new

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
bigphil76
2005 WK 

Mine does the same... But I have rain sensing wipers. But the setting is turned to off.. It did it for a lil bit but only occasionally now.. I have no idea what is going on but it doesn't bother me, since it only does it maybe ever other week..
97 ZJ 4.0, 2005 WK Hemi, Khaki WK Club #50 !!!!!!!GO TAR HEELS!!!!!!!!
bigphil76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphil76
Mine does the same... But I have rain sensing wipers. But the setting is turned to off.. It did it for a lil bit but only occasionally now.. I have no idea what is going on but it doesn't bother me, since it only does it maybe ever other week..
I have them as well and playing around with the settings seemed to fix then for a time but it always popped back up.
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
Roaddoc
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am having the same wiper issue, but my wipers also turn on when I use my turn signal. The mist and wash feature are acting up also, both washing one day then both misting the next, or reversed sometimes. I've had it in twice this week for this issue. The first time the dealer did a software update with no change. Today they said they cant fix it if they can't duplicate the problem. I'm thinking a bad switch in the steering column. I also had some severe engine/transmission vibration the other day. I came to a stop in a parking spot and the entire front end started violently shaking while I was still in drive; similar to when a manual is about to stall out from low rpm. I shut it off, put it in park and haven't been able to recreate it since neither was the dealer. No warning lights came on and there was nothing on the computer when they did the diagnostic. 2013 JKUR, 4.10 auto
Roaddoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
Roaddoc
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just got a call from the dealer. "fault in the bus line" code u0001. They are replacing the tpm module (not tire pressure monitoring system-tpms).
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
shmebbr6
2005 WK 

Did that fix the transmission thing?
shmebbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Roaddoc
2013 JK Wrangler 

so far it was a 1 time thing, unable to reproduce it and nothing came up on the diagnostic, so no repairs for the vibration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.