Windows will not work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Windows will not work

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
cleavis626

Windows will not work

I have a 08 grand Cherokee at cold start my windows will not go down until it gets warmer. It can take from 5 min to 20 min depending on the temp outside. The lights in the switch will not turn on until they work also but the door lock and the mirror controlled that are on the same switch work fine. I have replaced the drivers side switching thinking that was the problem but still nothing.
Any help would be much appreciated

cleavis626 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
origin
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleavis626 View Post
I have a 08 grand Cherokee at cold start my windows will not go down until it gets warmer. It can take from 5 min to 20 min depending on the temp outside. The lights in the switch will not turn on until they work also but the door lock and the mirror controlled that are on the same switch work fine. I have replaced the drivers side switching thinking that was the problem but still nothing.
Any help would be much appreciated
Every once in a while I can't roll mine up or down. Any light to shed on this would be great for me too.
origin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Red_liner740

I had the same issue with driver controls for pass window up. Sometime it would work sometimes it wouldn't. Took the window switches module out, took it apart. It uses a weird paddle system to rock the contacts together. Took it all apart and sprayed with contact cleaner, took the switches off of the PCB board and reseated the contacts. Been a month with no issues.
Red_liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
origin
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_liner740 View Post
I had the same issue with driver controls for pass window up. Sometime it would work sometimes it wouldn't. Took the window switches module out, took it apart. It uses a weird paddle system to rock the contacts together. Took it all apart and sprayed with contact cleaner, took the switches off of the PCB board and reseated the contacts. Been a month with no issues.
Exact same issue. I'll try that out.
origin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.