Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Why are these warning lights on (pic)

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Crixus 
#1 ·

They came on randomly about a month or two ago. I paid it no mind since all my brake lights work as do the brakes etc. I've since had new tires put on, new ball joints and bushings, a full state inspection, and nobody has said anything about the warning lights. Did something just get jarred loose in the wiring?

See less See more
#2 ·
Your ABS system is not functioning so stability control (squiggly) gets turned off as well. You need to have a dealer check the ABS trouble codes to pinpoint the problem. It could be as simple as a loose connection, a speed sensor failing, all the way up to the ABS pump and valves failing. Without the codes, no one really knows.

#6 ·
Thought of something I wanted to ask. You say the traction control system is not working. Does that mean I'll be slipping and sliding all over the road in winter weather? We are expecting our first snowfall soon.

#8 ·
Welcome to my world.... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/how-reset-abs-warnings-3875049/
Mine also has the ESP/BAS light on and the parking brake light. You don't have to get the dealer to pull codes. I ordered a Bluedriver and it works great. It will actually clear the codes as well. My local dealer said they would read the codes for $125, no repairs included and they won't clear them. Bluedriver cost $99 on Amazon.

I just ordered 4 new mopar wheel speed sensors and am going to try swapping all of them this weekend. I think I'm in worse shape than you though, I really do believe my ABS Module is the problem....

#9 ·
be careful with the front sensors they are in the hubs and known to snap...ask me how i know haha

i like you can drill them out or something to put the new sensors in...i just replaced the whole hub

#13 ·
~Update~
Went to pep boys and a greasy oil stained mechanic plopped down onto my clean seats, farted, then plugged a code puller into the slot. He saw the abs and tcs lights and said I would need a full diagnostic to find out the problem as the code puller was more for check engine light stuff.

I politely asked him to get out of my car asap and went on my way.

#14 ·
~Update~
Went to pep boys and a greasy oil stained mechanic plopped down onto my clean seats, farted, then plugged a code puller into the slot. He saw the abs and tcs lights and said I would need a full diagnostic to find out the problem as the code puller was more for check engine light stuff.

I politely asked him to get out of my car asap and went on my way.
Yup, that's your typical "auto parts store" experience for ya... haha... sorry, I hate ABS, that's why I pulled it out of my '89 XJ and now just have a regular braking system, much better :D

#15 ·
Most of these parts guys have a basic OBD2 code reader. Next time ask if they have a reader for ABS braking system codes.
Stability control (squiggly) is not terribly important but it's nice to have in really crappy weather. ABS on the other hand is a life saver that allows you to steer through a problem while being close to lockup. It's saved my butt a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.