White 2006 WK Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > White 2006 WK Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
drcWK17
2006 WK 

Just ordered the Falken Wildpeak A/T tires 265/70R17 at discount tire. I got 5 for just $935 with certificates of refund/replacement for all 5. Shipping was free. Pretty happy with the price I got and service was good also.

drcWK17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
drcWK17
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3 View Post
Nope I did it with them still on. I just taped the line with blue painters tape, and then taped some grocery bags around the area to protect from over spray.
Sounds like the way to go
Unread 12-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #18
kizzle
2005 WK 

The black letters on white body looks amazing! Kinda jealous my WK is silver. Lol.
kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #19
drcWK17
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzle View Post
The black letters on white body looks amazing! Kinda jealous my WK is silver. Lol.
The first E came off somehow (they were on there really good) and I couldn't find it. So I took them all off. They were spray painted anyway so I'll probably get them again soon and plasti dip them and do a little better job. Definitly bummed that the E came off though
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #20
drcWK17
2006 WK 

The tires are in and they look huge compared to the ones on there now.

My RC 2" lift and 1.5" wheel spacers should be in on friday and I'll hopefully get everything on soon.
I can't wait....
Unread 12-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #21
Robb286
2006 WK 

Sounds like after friday, the jeep will look pretty badass! Are you keeping the stock wheels on? If so did you consider plasti dipping or painting them black? Cuz i think that will match all the black trim you have.
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #22
drcWK17
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
Sounds like after friday, the jeep will look pretty badass! Are you keeping the stock wheels on? If so did you consider plasti dipping or painting them black? Cuz i think that will match all the black trim you have.
Stock wheels are staying on but i plan on painting/plasti dipping them once it gets a bit warmer.
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #23
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Your WK is gonna be sharp. You say you're probably gonna plasti dip the wheels - should look good! You should call it the Storm Trooper.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #24
Robb286
2006 WK 

^^^hahahahaha i agree
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #25
drcWK17
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Your WK is gonna be sharp. You say you're probably gonna plasti dip the wheels - should look good! You should call it the Storm Trooper.
MAybe i should get a star wars sticker for my window! hahaha
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #26
drcWK17
2006 WK 

So i cashed in my plentiful change jar yesterday and decided to by some KC's with the money I had form it. Today I went to my buddy's house and we put 'em in. They're very bright!

I wanted the switch to be kind of out of sight but still easily acessible, I like the looks of the switch panel in the cubby hole to the left but only needing one switch for now, i decided not to go that direction. I also didn't want to have it just under the cubby. So after searching for a place to put the switch on the front control panel, we decided to put the it inside the small cubby on it. This way it would be out of sight and still rather easy to get to. This is what the switch looks like in the cubby...

We also cut a hole in the rubber mat that goes there and put it back in. I had to cut a little bit of plastic to make room for the connectors and wires on the back of the switch and it still barely fits now cause of the AC vent running to the rear row..

The final product looks good in my opinion and i'm happy with where the switch is

I'm hoping my lift will come in tomorrow, well today didn't realize how late it got. Plus its my birthday so I think it will be fitting if it does come. Happy new years
Unread 12-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #27
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Lights look good man. I put my switch in the same cubby, but mines on the inside top. You should add on the stock fogs too.
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #28
Robb286
2006 WK 

The kc lights are a great add on. My wk didn't come with fog lights either and i could stand the cheap looking plastic covers. I paid 200.00 for the oem kit and aonther 45.00 for the jeep dealer to flash the computer.
Unread 12-31-2011, 11:16 AM   #29
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
The kc lights are a great add on. My wk didn't come with fog lights either and i could stand the cheap looking plastic covers. I paid 200.00 for the oem kit and aonther 45.00 for the jeep dealer to flash the computer.
That sucks they charged you to flash the comp. I pieced together my fog kit from RockAuto for $80 and my brother in law works for a Dodge Chrysler Jeep shop so he had them do it for me for free.
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #30
drcWK17
2006 WK 

Tires and lift are on and the thing looks huge! Well at least compared to what it was... I'm guna take pics in a little and post em up here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.