whining noise coming from rear wheel?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > whining noise coming from rear wheel??

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 06-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
nc2ktj
2006 WK 

whining noise coming from rear wheel??

Here is the deal. I have a 06 HEMI WK with the qd2. I have a 2 inch lift with 265 Terra grapplers and I'm running 1inch wheel spacers. Jeep runs and drives great, no issues at all.
That is until tonight. Was sitting in the drive thru at the bank and as I began to pull forward I noticed a whining noise coming from what sounded like the rear driver side wheel. The jeep also felt as if was binding up back there. Not horrible, but noticeable. I only noticed it at super low speeds.
I crawled under it and didn't notice anything unusual. I left the bank and as I sped up the noise went away. I turned o to my street like 2 blocks from the bank and noticed the noise again but this time it was much more noticeable. I can not for the life of me pin point the noise or problem on my own.
I have searched the forum and haven't seen much to do with this. Any input is greatly appreciated as I can't get it into the shop till Monday.
Thanks in advance.

nc2ktj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
nc2ktj
2006 WK 

Forgot to add that my wife said the traction control light was on earlier today. It was not on for me tonight. Don't know if that helps at all.
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Make sure nothing is stuck between the rotor possibly, it's hard to say in that situation if everything seems ok. Just start pulling things apart
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
modernblueWK

Sticky caliper maybe?
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
TangoTango
2008 WK 

You may want to check your emergncy brake cable spring.
TangoTango is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
nc2ktj
2006 WK 

And the winner is Tango Tango! Took me a while but it is now fixed. Thanks for all the input. Now if I could
Just figure out how I managed to break it in the first place...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.