JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Which wheels to fit larger tires (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/wheels-fit-larger-tires-1805409/)

ohhpe 11-18-2013 07:17 PM

Which wheels to fit larger tires
 
Which wheels should I look at in order to run 265 70 17s? Any suggestions

Not sure on what size and bs I need

ttusqrl 11-18-2013 07:25 PM

You can use your stock wheels with that size

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

ohhpe 11-18-2013 07:37 PM

What? Everyone here is saying you can't

Jeepforthewin 11-18-2013 07:38 PM

You can use stock wheels as long as you have a spacer.

Cherokee30D 11-18-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin (Post 17817817)
You can use stock wheels as long as you have a spacer.

Or use Jeep Commander rims with no spacers...........

ohhpe 11-19-2013 12:56 PM

How do the commander wheels work

msfulcher77 11-19-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee30D
Or use Jeep Commander rims with no spacers...........

How would Commander wheels make a difference? They are 17x7.5 with 6.25" back spacing same as WKs...

ttusqrl 11-19-2013 01:49 PM

I apologize if I misunderstood the question. Larger tires will fit on the stock wheels just fine, especially the 265/70/17s you are discussing. Some have said they can fit 265s on the stock setup and just do the pinch weld modification -- no UCA bolt trimming necessary. Others have said that it wants to hit the UCA bolt so they need to trim the bolt or add spacers. This all depends on the tread profile.

Your stock wheels will work just fine for you if you are ok test fitting and possible adding spacers if necessary. If you want to get a new set of tires, then go for it. My point is that it isn't necessary.

Cherokee30D 11-19-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohhpe (Post 17838241)
How do the commander wheels work

The Commander wheels work great as per photo below.
The 265/70/17 tyres fit nicely without any modifications at all. If you do put that size tyre on the original wheels, you will need some modifications.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps16e1105b.jpg

Cheers, Craig

sk1er18 11-19-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msfulcher77 (Post 17838881)
How would Commander wheels make a difference? They are 17x7.5 with 6.25" back spacing same as WKs...

They're actually not. The XK wheels are 43.8mm offset (6" BS) vs the WK wheels which are 50.8mm offset (6.25" BS).

So you could run XK wheels in lieu of WK wheels with 1/4" spacers.

ohhpe 11-19-2013 08:24 PM

So any recommended wheels to purchase. I recall the aev pintlers being a good option

Jeepforthewin 11-19-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohhpe
So any recommended wheels to purchase. I recall the aev pintlers being a good option

MB TKO's :thumbsup:

msfulcher77 11-19-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk1er18
They're actually not. The XK wheels are 43.8mm offset (6" BS) vs the WK wheels which are 50.8mm offset (6.25" BS). So you could run XK wheels in lieu of WK wheels with 1/4" spacers.

So... Xkjeeps.com is wrong...? See link below. I haven't measured so I can't speak for certain...

http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_wheels.htm

sk1er18 11-20-2013 04:15 AM

Yes xkjeeps is wrong. You dont need to measure, you can see the offset stamped on the back of your wheel the next time you rotate your tires.

msfulcher77 11-20-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk1er18
Yes xkjeeps is wrong. You dont need to measure, you can see the offset stamped on the back of your wheel the next time you rotate your tires.

Thanks for the info. Does that mean, when I lift, I can go with 265/70/17 without spacers on my commander or are there other suspension differences that would still require spacers? I may still go with spacers for the stance, but I want to know is it needed or not. I have the 17" chrome wheels so I'll make sure it's stamped. Thanks.


The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.