wheel change out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > wheel change out

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
kybanker

wheel change out

I am probably going to get crusified for this, but I changed out the factory wheels on my black limitted last week. I upgraded to black 20in american racing wheels, with 275/45/20 Goodyear eagle GT II's. The only problem is the tire company forgot to put my tire sensors back on and now the tire pressure sensor keeps going off. Anybody esle dared to change out their wheels yet?

kybanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #2
auggy

20 Inch Wheels On A Jeep!?!?!?!?!?
auggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
SYCOHEMI

I'm thinking of maybe swapping out wheels, but I might stay with 17 inch, for the sidewall protection. Let me know how you resolve the tire pressure monitoring feature, it's a nice benefit.

You've got to post a picture.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2005, 01:11 AM   #4
2002RockHog

I beleive they're in the valve stems of the stock wheel, must be transferred to your new wheels.
2002RockHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2005, 07:38 AM   #5
TAvette

Got pictures?
TAvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
SYCOHEMI

I had some Eagle GTII's on my 2001 Chevy Tahoe, that I had installed a whipple supercharger on. Those tires actually did much better than expected in the mud and snow, wrapped around 20 inch KMC Venoms.

But, I think I will gear the Commander more for off road and stick with the 17's or maybe 18's and some A/T's either BF Goodrich or Bridgestone Revo's.

Just waiting for the darn stocker tires to wear out...
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 01-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
LazarusLongshot

I had BFG All-Terrain KOs on both our Grands and on our TJ. Love those tires, but BFG doesn't make a 17'' that will fit the Commander without a lift. I took one look at the stock tires on the Commanders on the lot when we ordered ours, and knew those tires wouldn't work. We'd get stuck on the first weekend with that street tread pattern. Talked the dealer into swapping for a set (5) of the new Goodyear Silent Armor Wranglers in 245/70R-17. The tire has a rim saver, beefed-up sidewall, and the tread pattern is similar to the old Goodyear AT/S. Cost a bit of money, but was well worth it.

Now I'm looking for rock rails. I had Jeep Jamboree stainless rock rails on both our Grands that worked well; protected the rocker panels and didn't kill the ground clearance. Asked JJ about rock rails for the Commander, but JJ isn't selling rock rails for the new Jeeps. I don't like the rails that Jeep sells; round bars that eat the ground clearance. Any recommendations?

And the Hemi is too dern quiet! A new cat-back is on the list, too.
LazarusLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
SYCOHEMI

Thanks for the tire fitment information, that is helpful.

I have the first Gibson Performance exhaust and it definitely opens up the HEMI. It sounds GREAT!

See pics in the aftermarket exhaust input column.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 01-03-2006, 09:54 AM   #9
blackcommander

wheel exchange

I just got my commander a week ago. We have been looking at different styles of rims to put on it. Can you post a picture of your jeep with the new rims. blackcommander
blackcommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #10
INTREPER

I'm also interested in 20's. I'm planning on throwing the stockers back on when we go to play off road. Best of both worlds
Anybody know who makes aftermarket wheels that will fit this beast?
INTREPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #11
blackcommander

aftermarket wheels

There are only a few rims that will fit at this time. I got on the net and went over to custom wheel and type in the commander and a few different wheels came up. The commander has a high offset, so make sure the rim you get has a high offset. blackcommander

Last edited by blackcommander; 01-07-2006 at 12:44 PM..
Unread 01-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
kybanker

I put american racing wheels on my commander and am extreamly pleased with the look. I would down load pictures if someone could give me a little help on how to do it.
kybanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #13
blackcommander

wheel exchange

Just purchased 20 akuza creepers for my commander. Should get them in about a week or so.
Unread 01-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #14
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kybanker
I put american racing wheels on my commander and am extreamly pleased with the look. I would down load pictures if someone could give me a little help on how to do it.
You can signup in www.photobucket.com and upload your pics from your computer to that site. Then you can copy/paste the IMG tag under each pics and post in this thread.
Kevin's 2.5"BB, DT3000, OME SS, Addco Rear Sway bar
Front Skid & Transfer Case Skid.

CinciSurWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #15
INTREPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kybanker
I am probably going to get crusified for this, but I changed out the factory wheels on my black limitted last week. I upgraded to black 20in american racing wheels, with 275/45/20 Goodyear eagle GT II's. The only problem is the tire company forgot to put my tire sensors back on and now the tire pressure sensor keeps going off. Anybody esle dared to change out their wheels yet?
kybanker, what model American Racing wheels did you end up going with?
INTREPER is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.