wheel bearing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > wheel bearing

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #16
beaver8785

Yea they are ridiculous for a part that might fail in a year or two

beaver8785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
floresnick
2006 XJ Cherokee 

thanks guys for all your input i feel stupid now because it was a false alarm took it to the dealer i bought it from to see if our warranty would cover it and it ended up being a rock that got stuck in there... so again guys i thanks for the help with everything!
floresnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #18
LeadvilleJL

2000 WJ 

I'm having what I think is the same issue as well, started as a squeak on the drivers side and has progressed to a grinding after 4 weeks in town driving. Hub and bearing ordered off eBay for $90. Hope it get here this week.

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum
LeadvilleJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #19
croth
2005 WK 

Ive replaced all four corners on my 05 in the last four years. Had to replace both rear bearings when the seals failed and doused the brakes in axle lube.
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #20
zc911

i am getting a squeel/squeek on harder acceleration, and a loud humming noise that changes with RPM. On rainy days it's quieter haha. I am pretty sure it's a wheel bearing, but they dont have the play that you would normally see in a bad wheel bearing.
Are you guys seeing the same thing?
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver8785 View Post
Plan on doing the other side soon or if have the funds do both sides cause when u put a new one in usually throws the other side off a little. Just my two cents.
Do them as pairs. They should never be done one at a time. Chances are if one if toast, the other one is not far behind. It's almost like tires, you never just buy one!
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
LeadvilleJL

2000 WJ 

That's good to know, ill have to throw this 1 on just the driver side then upgrade and do them all in a few months. At least ill be good for in town where we only have 2 stop lights for this winter lol.

Unread 10-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
LeadvilleJL

2000 WJ 

At the same time I'm going to go to long arms in at least the front, I'm sure parts are taking an extra beating on this short arm set up.

Unread 10-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #24
drrabazz
2007 WK 

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...Writeup-W-Pics

I did mine with a cheap part two years ago. Went bad in 18mos and replaced it again with a timken. Follow instructions above. Axel nut can be loosened with someone holding the brakes.
drrabazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.