Wheel balancing problems. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Wheel balancing problems.

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 11-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
madjack

Wheel balancing problems.

I have an 2005 GC Limited with 35,000 miles and decided to upgrade the tires to a set of Michelin M/S, one size over. Ever since doing this I cannot seem to get rid of the steering wheel vibration between 68 and 75 mph. I've had them balanced and rotated three times and nothing changes.
I'm at a loss as to what would cause this other then a balancing issue. I have the Chrome Clad wheels which I heard about problems with so I purchased a set of after market wheels and nothing has changed.

Help!

Last edited by madjack; 11-09-2006 at 04:06 AM..
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
GCJake
2011 KK Liberty 

I have the same issue.
I have a 05 Grand with 12k miles and it shakes the steering Wheel around 65 mph +
I have 20" wheels with Alcoa rims
GCJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 04:08 AM   #3
madjack

GC Jake,
Have you taken it in for service or talked to anyone about the problem?

Thanks.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
GCJake
2011 KK Liberty 

They have not serviced it yet, but they tell me it must be a wheel balance problem...
I would think that it would happen at any speed if it was a balancing problem, so I am not sure what the issues are
GCJake is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.