What's up with germanfilters.com? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What's up with germanfilters.com?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
oilverland
2008 WK 

What's up with germanfilters.com?

I placed an order on the 19th and they have been nonresponsive ever since. Just filed a PayPal dispute with them - I'll see if that gets their attention.

Anybody having luck with them currently?

Unread 09-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
dandarst
2008 WK 

me too

I placed an order on 9/9/11 and they promptly charged my credit card. I emailed them 9/28/11. No response.
dandarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

good thing i didnt order from them then
i used to hear good things...
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
oilverland
2008 WK 

Still no response

Still no response. Perhaps they are kaput?

I have escalated my claim with PayPal.
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
Chirpz

2007 WK 

I used to order from them and had no problems but that was last year. Recently I have obtained my oil and filters from NAPA. The local store started carrying the oil and gas filter at a good price and they finally started carrying the correct oil too. The oil is slightly higher that the online price, but its convenient.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
CRD Dawg
2008 WK 

Add me to the list. Ordered a fuel filter on Sept 21. Charged me. No filter. No response after repeated emails...
Unread 10-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
suzieque
2008 WK 

damn, I was preparing an order for these guys too, guess I will hold off until this gets resolved.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

suzieque i ordered all my oil [motor oil and both diffs] off a guy online
AMSOIL products and was shipped from Alberta
PM me if ur interested in the details
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
oilverland
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
I used to order from them and had no problems but that was last year. Recently I have obtained my oil and filters from NAPA. The local store started carrying the oil and gas filter at a good price and they finally started carrying the correct oil too. The oil is slightly higher that the online price, but its convenient.
Hmm, I'm in WA too but local NAPA wants $48 for CRD fuel filter. Maybe it's because I'm in Redmond and it's full of free spending Microsofties.

Found it for $31 on Amazon. They have the Mann oil filters too for about 10 bucks. There's another thread in this forum that points you to a deal on compatible oil too. Their search options seem kinda broken so it takes a bit of effort to find them, unless you have the part #. It will tell you the filter doesn't fit because it seems to forget that I said I have a diesel. I must talk to my buddy at Amazon about that.
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilverland View Post
Hmm, I'm in WA too but local NAPA wants $48 for CRD fuel filter. Maybe it's because I'm in Redmond and it's full of free spending Microsofties.

Found it for $31 on Amazon. They have the Mann oil filters too for about 10 bucks. There's another thread in this forum that points you to a deal on compatible oil too. Their search options seem kinda broken so it takes a bit of effort to find them, unless you have the part #. It will tell you the filter doesn't fit because it seems to forget that I said I have a diesel. I must talk to my buddy at Amazon about that.
I don't remember what I paid for my last filters...but it was less than that! You must be living near the ritz up there for sure.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.