Whats a fair price? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Whats a fair price?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
toymachine456
2006 WK 

Whats a fair price?

Attempting to install my ome hd this morning and have had zero success.

All bolts are completely seized and rusted solid. Im a little upset about it, I really wanted to do the install myself but Im out of options. Ive contacted multiple shops for estimates. Has anyone had there ome lift installed professionally and if so what did you pay and what would be a fair price for the install.

Thanks ahead of time!

toymachine456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

It shouldn't be much more than a strut and shock replacement.

WANTED: Steel Armadillo Sliders/Rock rails.
twistedlizard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well if you can put it off a few days or maybe do it next weekend, try spaying PB Blaster on all the bolts a couple times a day for the next few days. That should help you out a lot!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine456 View Post
Attempting to install my ome hd this morning and have had zero success.

All bolts are completely seized and rusted solid. Im a little upset about it, I really wanted to do the install myself but Im out of options. Ive contacted multiple shops for estimates. Has anyone had there ome lift installed professionally and if so what did you pay and what would be a fair price for the install.

Thanks ahead of time!
Be prepared to pay alot more for labor and parts(new bolts and such) since the shop will attempt also and stop when they find all the bolts are seized and call you.Then you will on the hook to either take it back un-installed or buy what breaks and the extra labor.

If the tech stops before breaking a bolt and they contact you your on the hook for what happens if it does break and they should explain this to you and give a option to continue or stop all together.
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Jaashua
2005 WK 

My father owns a shop and he spent about 4 hours on one bolt for my struts. He eventually got it out but had I been anyone else he said he would of made me buy a hole bunch of expensive parts instead of dealing with that one bolt. Or at least made me pay all that extra labor.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
toycam

One of the things I do if I have a bolt on a jet that is barely moving or isn't at all, try spraying a whole bunch of wd40 or other grease as far onto the shaft of the bolt as you can. If you hammer it out about 1mm, spray more of the now-exposed shaft and hit it back in. Rinse and repeat until it comes further and further out each time. It sucks, but its worked for me on several occasions.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.