What Tires do you use on your Jeep WK? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What Tires do you use on your Jeep WK?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #31
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

I've been researching tires and will probably get as set of the Wrangler silent armors soon as the original tires are wearing out. I don't drive off-road much and it seems like one of the better all-around tires. My last ride had Pirelli Scopions which were great in the rain, but not so hot on icy/snowy roads.

NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #32
roadman

Goodyear Wrangler Silentarmour P245/65 R 17. It's a 4x4 jeep. Go with a good AT tire for when you need it you have it.

Μολὼν λάβε
roadman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #33
snc0921

I did return the 265/70/17 AT tires I had and got TOYO Open Country 255/70/17's. The TOYO's are awesome! They're lighter and more quiet. Perfect fit!
snc0921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #34
Funtuzzi
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floof View Post
285/70/17 BFG ATs, goin on tomorrow!

Hey Floof, let me know if that tire diameter works for you. I am looking at a similar tire in those specs. Let me know if you have any rubbing, and what & any mods you may have..... spacers, bolt cut, lift....etc.

Would like to know if that tire is too wide and diameter too big.
Funtuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #35
dsalinas
2006 WK 

255/70 Revos! awesome tires!
dsalinas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #36
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Just put these on....good reviews on Tire Rack. They are very quiet.

General Grabber HTS
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #37
LouC
2007 WK 

When I bought our WK it was a certified Chrysler vehicle and they put a new set of tires on it...same as in the above post General Grabber HTS...very good all season tire...quiet and good wet traction...I also got a set of General Altimax snow tires (studded) for winter use that I am going to have mounted on steel wheels for winter....BTW for those interested...there was a steel OE wheel used as a spare on some WKs...I got 4 of these from a ChryCo dealer that sells over the internet...best part is that they are hub centric wheels with the exact same off set as the OE alloys and they were only $77 each....some don't like the look of the steel wheels but for winter use they are better...save your nice alloys and if scratched can be easily touched up with black paint!
LouC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #38
ctate
2007 WK 

Goodyear Duratracs are great so far.
07 Silver 3.0 CRD, Clifford matrix 50.5x remort start/turbo timer, 265/70R17 Goodyear DURATRACS, XD Series Spy wheels, OME Lift Kit, Kenwood navigation system with reverse camera, Inmotion tuned, Amsoil air filter, Fitch fuel catalyst, Air Lift suspension air bags with air compressor, P3 brake controller, MBRP Exhaust, Accu Pro Calibrator, Addco front/rear anti sway bar, Husky Liner floor mats, upgraded air intake tube, Quick Oil Drain Valve.
ctate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #39
conyersWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctate View Post
Goodyear Duratracs are great so far.
x2 they proved themselves yesterday in deep mud
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"] | 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited QDII 4x4 | 5.7L HEMI | OME 2" HD lift | Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/70/17 | ROLA roof rack | Matrix HC brush guard | Flowmaster series 40 | Hadley Train Horn w/ compressor and air tank | HI-Lift Jack mounted on roof | HID 6K Lows | HID 6K Fogs | 1.5" Wheel Spacer | Superchip Flashpaq [/COLOR][/SIZE]
conyersWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #40
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSensFan View Post
Do you stick by any certain Brand or possibly the factory spec ones?
Do you prefer a touring type tire or one that is good off road as well.

I am about to buy 4 new tires and am curious what you guys use
Wanted Brdgestone Revo's or Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor's to replace the OEM Fortera HL's. That's what many on this forum recommended. Fortera's lasted 40K miles. However, the Fortera HL's wore faster in the last 4K miles than they did at first. Expected to buy new tires in the Spring, but they degraded too quickly.

Neither the Revo's nor Silent Armor's were in stock when I needed them this Winter. Went with Goodyear TripleTred's that were on sale (in the stock 245/65R-17 size). [Got $20 Goodyear rebate also. ] My driving is on road, so these have been OK so far.

BTW: My full-size spare has a steel wheel and doesn't match the 7-spoke Al ones. I left that as a Fortera HL since it is unused.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.

Last edited by Walt; 05-23-2010 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Forgot spare note.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #41
osd

if i can find a picture of a wk that look good with 15s on it im gonna go pitbull growler all the way. aggressive enough for the mud at the jobsites i go to (i had a set on my blazer, i drove through such thick mud and everyone elses work trucks with other tires were covered in mud, mine werent) but not too aggressive for the beach.

if 15s look like dookie on the wk, im gonna go with goodyears or general at2, maybe trail grapplers. im trying not to go over $200 a tire.

so lets recap:
-pitbull radial growlers @ 31 x 10.5 (if 15's wheels look good, thats the only size they make them in radials)
-general grabber at2 in 255x75
osd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #42
almost_hectic
2006 WK 

I replaced the junk Goodyears on my WK with BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/As , I kno wmany will say its not a true AT tire, but IM fine with that. I log a ton of miles commuting and these have been a very good road tire so far. Far exceeding the stock GY Wrangler SRAs in any conditions, dry, wet, snow and ice, these Rugged Trails have been way better, and they are nice and quiet!
almost_hectic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #43
Palak
2008 WK 

We've had the Fortera HL's on it for the first 93K miles.. been okay.. light trails and such, nothing heavy.. worked fine..

Time for some new tires again.. looking ahead over the next few months, we plan to do mostly pavement runs.. so I looked into something that can handle the load weights, the speeds, and the mileage we plan to put on it..

Pretty new to the market (released 3 months ago).. but we decided on Nitto NT421Q's 109H, same size and speed rating as the HL's.. 245/60R18 130mph... but a better load capacity. 75K mile manufacture warranty.

$608 +tax to get 4, have them installed, and get a prorated lifetime warranty on them. Discount Tire.

I ran a Ford F-250 super duty diesel and chevy silverado 2500 for work over 600,000 miles with Dynapro MT's... NEVER had a moment I didn't like them..
I worked on cell/tv/radio towers across the country.. easily 250,000 of those miles off-road.. in ALL conditions.. DEEP mud, snow, sand, manure.. up mountains, down mountains... making my own roads often.

Had the AT's once because they didn't have the MT's in-stock and I needed tires THEN... HATED them..

The MT's are pricier.. by a bit.
Palak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #44
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Wow - this one's been brought back from the dead. Lol

I put Goodyear Wrangler Authorities on my WK.

265/70/17 load range C.

Driven 1000s of miles.

Towed 1000s of miles.

Wheeled the crap out of 'em.

Very good tire for the money - very good.

Only complaint I have, if you can call it a complaint, the side walls flex a lot when aired down. 18-20 psi is what I deflate to when I wheel. Any lower and it just exposes too much side wall. That being said, they have served me extremely well in all weather, conditions, and type of use.

.......and yes, they are a Walmart tire and that does not bother me in the least. :-)

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #45
modernblueWK

How are those authorities on ice and in deep snow?
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.