What tire size? M/T or A/T? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What tire size? M/T or A/T?

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 01-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #31
zc911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottso699 View Post
Awesome - that's what I was looking for!

Thanks!

Totally off topic, but Being there in Ontario I assume you are an Leafs fan?
No prob! I was able to do 100km/h on 2 lane unplowed country roads with 4 inches of snow, maybe more, with confidence.
The only thing that scared me was a deer, or as my 2 year old daughter said, look Eeyore

LOL i am

zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #32
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
No prob! I was able to do 100km/h on 2 lane unplowed country roads with 4 inches of snow, maybe more, with confidence.
The only thing that scared me was a deer, or as my 2 year old daughter said, look Eeyore

LOL i am
Great - thanks for the info - I just looked at the Dakota Definity A/T. All though it looks like a great All Terrain - it looks very standard - run of the mill. Nothing Magical about it - doesn't make it a bad tire but the BFG just looks like it would get me farther off road if I ever get the chance to use it in that regard. If the Definity A/T was that much cheaper than the BFG I'd choose it in a heart beat. But they are basically the same exact price with all the rebates that are flying around.

PS - Again off topic... sorry
Saw the end Rangers/Leafs game the other night after my Devils blew it with Buffalo. I dislike the Rangers but HATE the flyers. Rangers only seem to win lately with Talbot in Net. The problem is they don't pay him $8Mil a season! LOL

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Scottso699 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #33
zc911

Quote:
Great - thanks for the info - I just looked at the Dakota Definity A/T. All though it looks like a great All Terrain - it looks very standard - run of the mill. Nothing Magical about it - doesn't make it a bad tire but the BFG just looks like it would get me farther off road if I ever get the chance to use it in that regard. If the Definity A/T was that much cheaper than the BFG I'd choose it in a heart beat. But they are basically the same exact price with all the rebates that are flying around.

PS - Again off topic... sorry
Saw the end Rangers/Leafs game the other night after my Devils blew it with Buffalo. I dislike the Rangers but HATE the flyers. Rangers only seem to win lately with Talbot in Net. The problem is they don't pay him $8Mil a season! LOL
No prob!

Oh man the end was right! that was a stinker and a half!
We have a gorup of underachivers that make 6-8 mil each!
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #34
Scottso699
2006 WK 

I ended up picking the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain tires. Sears took good care of me so they got the business. I like them and the ride is so much different going from a mud terrain to an all terrain... some times I wonder am I really moving?!
new-tires2.jpg

new-tires.jpg

new-tires1.jpg

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #35
zc911

cool, i think they ride excellent and i really like them i think you will be happy with em too!
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #36
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
cool, i think they ride excellent and i really like them i think you will be happy with em too!
Thanks again for the Advice - it was a big help.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #37
zc911

no prob!
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #38
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

So now that you have had them for a bit, how do you like them? I'm thinking of purchasing a set also at Sears but I'm definitely not getting as good of a deal that you got. They want 160$ a piece without installation. (which is fine since I can get them installed cheaper and more local than the store)
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #39
pancake
2005 WK 

My brother has had a set of rugged terrains on his 4runner for about two years and they're awesome. I'll just say I like them enough that Im getting a set of 285/75/17 when i get my lift on.
Unread 02-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #40
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Since I got them they have done really well for me. We had say.... 147 snow storms since I got them and other than on total ice (which nothing is good on) they have done great. I have not had them off road yet and won't until April but I have climbed a couple of snow piles for fun with little or no effort. I would say the only thing I really had to get used to was how smooth they run and how quiet they are. I know that sounds weird but coming from mud terrains it's like night and day - it was almost like I was wondering are my tires even contacting the road?! I would definitely recommend them if you want an aggressive looking semi-all terrain.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #41
Aclow33
2006 WK 

Quote:
Sounds good. I did the pinch weld mod in the front so that is taken care of. The Walmart tires are Goodyear Wrangler Authority. Here is a link:

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/G...81640&veh=mweb
You go to walmart to buy your underwear, not to buy tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.