What tire size? M/T or A/T? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What tire size? M/T or A/T?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #31
zc911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottso699 View Post
Awesome - that's what I was looking for!

Thanks!

Totally off topic, but Being there in Ontario I assume you are an Leafs fan?
No prob! I was able to do 100km/h on 2 lane unplowed country roads with 4 inches of snow, maybe more, with confidence.
The only thing that scared me was a deer, or as my 2 year old daughter said, look Eeyore

LOL i am

zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #32
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
No prob! I was able to do 100km/h on 2 lane unplowed country roads with 4 inches of snow, maybe more, with confidence.
The only thing that scared me was a deer, or as my 2 year old daughter said, look Eeyore

LOL i am
Great - thanks for the info - I just looked at the Dakota Definity A/T. All though it looks like a great All Terrain - it looks very standard - run of the mill. Nothing Magical about it - doesn't make it a bad tire but the BFG just looks like it would get me farther off road if I ever get the chance to use it in that regard. If the Definity A/T was that much cheaper than the BFG I'd choose it in a heart beat. But they are basically the same exact price with all the rebates that are flying around.

PS - Again off topic... sorry
Saw the end Rangers/Leafs game the other night after my Devils blew it with Buffalo. I dislike the Rangers but HATE the flyers. Rangers only seem to win lately with Talbot in Net. The problem is they don't pay him $8Mil a season! LOL

2006 WK Overland - K&N CAI, Superchips Programmer, Dynomax Ultra Flo Muffler, 265/70r17 BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain Tires, 1.25" Wheel Spacers, OME HD Lift, Monroe F150 Load Assist Shocks
Scottso699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #33
zc911

Quote:
Great - thanks for the info - I just looked at the Dakota Definity A/T. All though it looks like a great All Terrain - it looks very standard - run of the mill. Nothing Magical about it - doesn't make it a bad tire but the BFG just looks like it would get me farther off road if I ever get the chance to use it in that regard. If the Definity A/T was that much cheaper than the BFG I'd choose it in a heart beat. But they are basically the same exact price with all the rebates that are flying around.

PS - Again off topic... sorry
Saw the end Rangers/Leafs game the other night after my Devils blew it with Buffalo. I dislike the Rangers but HATE the flyers. Rangers only seem to win lately with Talbot in Net. The problem is they don't pay him $8Mil a season! LOL
No prob!

Oh man the end was right! that was a stinker and a half!
We have a gorup of underachivers that make 6-8 mil each!
Unread 01-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #34
Scottso699
2006 WK 

I ended up picking the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain tires. Sears took good care of me so they got the business. I like them and the ride is so much different going from a mud terrain to an all terrain... some times I wonder am I really moving?!
new-tires2.jpg

new-tires.jpg

new-tires1.jpg

2006 WK Overland - K&N CAI, Superchips Programmer, Dynomax Ultra Flo Muffler, 265/70r17 BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain Tires, 1.25" Wheel Spacers, OME HD Lift, Monroe F150 Load Assist Shocks
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #35
zc911

cool, i think they ride excellent and i really like them i think you will be happy with em too!
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #36
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
cool, i think they ride excellent and i really like them i think you will be happy with em too!
Thanks again for the Advice - it was a big help.

Unread 01-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #37
zc911

no prob!
Unread 02-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #38
Megs_Revenge
SUV Enthusiast

2005 WK 

So now that you have had them for a bit, how do you like them? I'm thinking of purchasing a set also at Sears but I'm definitely not getting as good of a deal that you got. They want 160$ a piece without installation. (which is fine since I can get them installed cheaper and more local than the store)

Silver WK club #69

Oo|||||||oO
Megs_Revenge is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #39
pancake
2005 WK 

My brother has had a set of rugged terrains on his 4runner for about two years and they're awesome. I'll just say I like them enough that Im getting a set of 285/75/17 when i get my lift on.
Unread 02-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #40
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Since I got them they have done really well for me. We had say.... 147 snow storms since I got them and other than on total ice (which nothing is good on) they have done great. I have not had them off road yet and won't until April but I have climbed a couple of snow piles for fun with little or no effort. I would say the only thing I really had to get used to was how smooth they run and how quiet they are. I know that sounds weird but coming from mud terrains it's like night and day - it was almost like I was wondering are my tires even contacting the road?! I would definitely recommend them if you want an aggressive looking semi-all terrain.

Unread 02-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #41
Aclow33
2006 WK 

Quote:
Sounds good. I did the pinch weld mod in the front so that is taken care of. The Walmart tires are Goodyear Wrangler Authority. Here is a link:

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/G...81640&veh=mweb
You go to walmart to buy your underwear, not to buy tires.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.