what size are the dash lights in the commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > what size are the dash lights in the commander

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
SwissK31
2006 TJ Wrangler 

what size are the dash lights in the commander

Hi, my Dad has an 06' commander and some of the lights in the dash are not working, can anyone tell me the size of the light bulbs inside the instrument panel and the lights for the heater/air conditioner. Also how does the instrument panel come off?

SwissK31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
eprovenzano
2005 WK 

I too need to replace the lights in the heater / air condition panel. What is the procedure to remove the panel to gain access
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprovenzano
I too need to replace the lights in the heater / air condition panel. What is the procedure to remove the panel to gain access
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissK31
Hi, my Dad has an 06' commander and some of the lights in the dash are not working, can anyone tell me the size of the light bulbs inside the instrument panel and the lights for the heater/air conditioner. Also how does the instrument panel come off?
You have to remove the trim with a trim tool or small flat head screw driver. It's then held on by four Phillips screws iirc.

Clarks Summt, PA? I was just up there, skiing at Elk on Wednesday. I'll probably be back next week too. Fun place.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
gamma500
2005 WK 

I couldn't find a Commander specific link but the WK one gives a pretty good picture since they are very similar ...scroll up to top of link page to see index

http://wkjeeps.com/interior_trim.htm#DOORFR
gamma500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
reimerj
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprovenzano View Post
I learned the hard way that to remove the dash panel on the Commander to change the lights you have to remove the allen head screws 12 of them I think. If you try a trim removal tool you will break something.

Jack
reimerj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.