What should my next project be? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What should my next project be?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 08-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
ColinWK
2005 WK 

What should my next project be?

Hi,

So I've been on a little hiatus on the forums as well as upgrading my Jeep, and would like to hear some options on what I should think about getting next.

First let me say what I've already done (pretty minimal):
1. OME HD lift kit
2. MOAB rims (painted black)
3. Goodyear Duratracs
4. spidertrax spacers

I am looking for bumpers preferably with winches but have yet to find one reasonably priced for me. I also need to get some guards/skid plates/armor for the bottom of the Jeep. Lastly I would like to find a way to get an auxiliary port, but haven't had any luck on finding how to do that either.

What should I go for next? I'm up for any options.

ColinWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Anon155
2005 WK 

It really all depends on what you do with your rig, and what your future plans are. My next phase after what you did was:
1. Full armor/skids
2. Rola roof rack
3. LED lights (I went a little bit crazy with this one).
4. Went and got all my shiny new parts scraped up and dirty

If you can weld, and know of a scrap metal yard, I would look there for a cheaper way to make a hidden winch like Omelet did. You can probably find a decent sized used winch on craigslist. Be prepared to do a bit of work though. The iSimple ISCH73 would be your easiest way to get an aux port depending on what radio you have. Or you could buy the REF single disc radio which already has the aux port.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
giulio17

Where u thinking about doing the aux port as a USB port. If so I found some products
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

If you plan to do any wheelin then skids should be next w/o question.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
ColinWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
If you plan to do any wheelin then skids should be next w/o question.
Wish I had some skids when I went mudding the other day. Is 4xguard the go-to company here? and I guess they can't be too hard to install
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
JeepN4KC

Mine are a mix of Mopar, 4xG, and S4xC. SteelArmadillo and Asfir make some as well. Shop around for price, shipping, coverage, weight, etc.

I've wheeled mine in places that definately would be a bad idea without protection underneath. Probably should have bit the bullet on some sliders but knock on wood I've merely scratched and bent the plastic part of my rockers and minimal dings to the pinchweld portion of my rockers in a few spots.

I certainly would make armor your next priority - not so much the bumpers but underneath.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
JeepN4KC

Was just reminded in another thread of something.

Make sure to include proper recovery points f/r very soon in your build. Assuming you plan on hitting the trails - basically everything else is moot if you get stuck and don't have a way to get unstuck.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
ColinWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Was just reminded in another thread of something.

Make sure to include proper recovery points f/r very soon in your build. Assuming you plan on hitting the trails - basically everything else is moot if you get stuck and don't have a way to get unstuck.
I think I'm going to get a bumper like this: http://4xguard.com/matrix-5-stinger-hoop-kit-black.html

It looks like there is a place where I can put shackles on. Might not be the best brush guard but I can't really afford a winch, so I think this will be just fine.
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWK View Post
I think I'm going to get a bumper like this: http://4xguard.com/matrix-5-stinger-hoop-kit-black.html

It looks like there is a place where I can put shackles on. Might not be the best brush guard but I can't really afford a winch, so I think this will be just fine.
Please ignore this post if you already know this, but you will need the Matrix mounting platform before you can attach any of the other Matrix attachments.

Quote:
Required in order to install any of the optional kits: Grill Hoop, Brush Rail or Receiver.
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
ColinWK
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Please ignore this post if you already know this, but you will need the Matrix mounting platform before you can attach any of the other Matrix attachments.
Yeah, last night I didn't know that, figured it out about ten minutes before you posted. Oh well, it's still cheaper but it'll be down the road.
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Okay, just didn't want you to purchase it and be disappointed haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.