What line is this??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What line is this???

PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
goflick
2005 WK 

What line is this???

I discovered some residue, which appears to be transmission fluid, on my passengers side wheel well of my 05 4.7L. After digging around, it appears to be coming from a line which runs under the coolant reservoir. I attached some photos. The 3rd photo which shows the line the best, the line with the two white clips holding it down. If anyone can identify the line and a solution for fixing it. Thanks

fullsizerender-4-.jpg   fullsizerender.jpg   fullsizerender-1-.jpg   fullsizerender-2-.jpg  
goflick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

Front axle breather.
Unread 05-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #3
goflick
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Front axle breather.
Not that one, the line underneath of that one.
goflick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflick View Post

Not that one, the line underneath of that one.
The braided covered looking line under the breather is electrical stuff I believe. All that leakage and random gunk looks like your diff tube breather spitting up, because mine does that all the time. I have never found out why. Changed the diff fluid and it stopped for a month or so and started back up. It looks just like that.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | RC lift | Custom painted headlights with Oracle LED Halos | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #5
tom19511
2006 WK 

X3 on the Front axle breather.A little seeps out and attracts dirt..
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
modernblueWK
Web Wheeler

Yup diff breather. It will mist some oil out if overfilled. I have also read that when some of the compounds in the oil break down it will mist like that.
Blue WK club #4 Build/Adventure Thread
modernblueWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.