What happens when I remove my battery???Need HELP FAST - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What happens when I remove my battery???Need HELP FAST

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 08-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
The cigarette lighter plug w/ a 9v battery type of memory saver will not work on a WK,you need a memory saver that plugs into the OBDII port.

If no memory saver is used you will loose the radio memory and all "learned" memory in the pCM so the engine and trans will act a little funny for a few days until it re-learns your driving habits.
FWIW, there is a TSB on the MyGig RER & REZ radios. Pull the radio fuse before disconnecting the negative battery lead. Stops the voltage spike to the MyGig unit when the lead is disconnected and precludes electronics failure. I remind them of this and put a copy on the front seat whenever I think the dealer will disconnect the battery for any reason. Had 2 MyGig failures and this could have been the cause.

Here: http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_0800309.pdf This is for the 2008-2009 model years.

Also, what tjkj2002 said: The PCM long term and short term fuel adaptives will need to re-learn and the some of the radio pre-sets are lost. MDS was a little erratic and mpg's were down slightly for 1-2 days.

HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.