What do you guys recommend for audiosetups? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What do you guys recommend for audiosetups?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
mattWK

What do you guys recommend for audiosetups?

I have the stock stereo unit (not even an AUX input), and as an audiophile this is a huge pain because I listen to music and podcasts on my ipad/iPhone using Spotify, and at the moment I'm stuck with CDs and FM radio.

My only option right now is an FM transmitter (and by default I hate these things with a passion)

I am looking for a unit that has an option to connect to an iPhone or ipad, but also compliments the interior well, along with the rest of the dash lights.

Sirius is something I'd be interested in, I love talk radio on long trips/mornings and GPS is optional, as I know my way around most towns, or I can always use my ipad if need be. I do plan on future road trips, I'm leaning more towards a screen-display sized unit.

Not sure what I should do, part of me wants to install the lowspeed mygig rer, or an aftermarket deck, and another part of me wants to make an in dash ipad mount.

Any suggestions?

mattWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
ChanWK
2005 WK 

iSimple (Not sure if you need the ISCH73 model). Might have to drill a small hole so you can fit the aux cord in but thats about it.
ChanWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattWK View Post
I have the stock stereo unit (not even an AUX input), and as an audiophile this is a huge pain because I listen to music and podcasts on my ipad/iPhone using Spotify, and at the moment I'm stuck with CDs and FM radio.

My only option right now is an FM transmitter (and by default I hate these things with a passion)

I am looking for a unit that has an option to connect to an iPhone or ipad, but also compliments the interior well, along with the rest of the dash lights.

Sirius is something I'd be interested in, I love talk radio on long trips/mornings and GPS is optional, as I know my way around most towns, or I can always use my ipad if need be. I do plan on future road trips, I'm leaning more towards a screen-display sized unit.

Not sure what I should do, part of me wants to install the lowspeed mygig rer, or an aftermarket deck, and another part of me wants to make an in dash ipad mount.

Any suggestions?
Not sure if you quite understand the definition of audiophile as CDs have much higher fidelity than Spotify... as for your options (from installing an audio system is my buddy's 06 WK) if you want a double din unit and don't have the factory Navi unit, you will need to get the factory plastic surround that the WKs with Navi units come with and you will also need a double din dash kit. If you want single din, you can just get this: http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...FcU7Mgod23MAxw
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post

Not sure if you quite understand the definition of audiophile as CDs have much higher fidelity than Spotify... as for your options (from installing an audio system is my buddy's 06 WK) if you want a double din unit and don't have the factory Navi unit, you will need to get the factory plastic surround that the WKs with Navi units come with and you will also need a double din dash kit. If you want single din, you can just get this: http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...FcU7Mgod23MAxw
BURN!

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.