What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 95 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #1411
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
You need some spares. I got one off ebay with no fob for $9. It's great for an emergency and as long as you have one other spare you can program new keys yourself.
Yea I wanna get a couple valet keys, so it still has the transponder in it but no buttons...if I can get one of those kinda keys for my 08

It doesn't use an actual "key" so to speak lol

TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #1412
Acidcold
2005 WK 

But it's cheap! Was it to much drone? I really want to keep it simple and it doesn't get any simpler than a cheap cat-back.
If it was to loud, then I can look into the Gibson.
I'll be in your neck of the woods in Nov 23-28 You should bring the fam out to diner with me and the new wife
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #1413
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
Yea I wanna get a couple valet keys, so it still has the transponder in it but no buttons...if I can get one of those kinda keys for my 08

It doesn't use an actual "key" so to speak lol
Yeah, I forgot you guys have those fancy thangs.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #1414
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Hahaha yea ill have to figure something out
In the mean time I hope swapping the battery is straight forward
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #1415
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold
But it's cheap! Was it to much drone? I really want to keep it simple and it doesn't get any simpler than a cheap cat-back.
If it was to loud, then I can look into the Gibson.
I'll be in your neck of the woods in Nov 23-28 You should bring the fam out to diner with me and the new wife
Ya it was the drone. It didn't matter if the MDS was on or off. You might have better luck since you have the 4.7L.

That would be Awesome! You will be in San Diego or just the SoCal area? If I am around we will definitely meet up! The 27th will be our 7 year anniversary and we usually try to leave the kids with family and get away for a bit. So we will see

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #1416
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Hmm, I know the Hemi is notorious for drone, My 4.7 seems perfect with my current muffler but since I have a cut crack on my pipes, I just want to re do it all and go with 3'' pipes all the way down.

Me and the wife will be in san diego (mini honey moon since we are limited on time) We will be staying by the strip? since we will not have a vehicle and we should be able to get to places just by walking and citu transportation. Maybe we can hit up a club after diner.
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #1417
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Not today but on thurs-sat i went wheeling 4 times in 3 days. On Friday i blew a tire and got a new one that day so i could go again Saturday, which ended up being a double run so we could go search some caves
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #1418
Jeep_Country
2008 JK Wrangler 

Caves? What part of CO were you in?
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #1419
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Country View Post
Caves? What part of CO were you in?
Boulder county. If u go up lefthand trail (service road 286 i believe) to 5 points and u take the trail farthest to the left it brings you to a small cave. Went maybe 200 feet back. Its obvious that people have been back there its not hard to get to.
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #1420
WKChris89
2006 WK 

well i got my truck back from the body shop today because of some damage, it looks great. so i stop by my buddies house to show him my truck with the lift and what do i see. oil everywhere. my darn CV axel went so i gotta get that replaced. it never ends with this truck but i still love it more then anything, even if i have to replace every part and delay all my upgrade plans
WKChris89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #1421
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKChris89
well i got my truck back from the body shop today because of some damage, it looks great. so i stop by my buddies house to show him my truck with the lift and what do i see. oil everywhere. my darn CV axel went so i gotta get that replaced. it never ends with this truck but i still love it more then anything, even if i have to replace every part and delay all my upgrade plans
Hey man I had to replace my cv joint. It's not that hard. Alot cheaper to do it yourself.
Unread 10-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #1422
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Just purchased a Gibson exhaust, I hope it's not to quiet for me.
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #1423
sunrcr69
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET View Post
Boulder county. If u go up lefthand trail (service road 286 i believe) to 5 points and u take the trail farthest to the left it brings you to a small cave. Went maybe 200 feet back. Its obvious that people have been back there its not hard to get to.
Thats not a cave, its a mine. Theres lots of abandoned mines in the area that can be explored if youre careful.
Others in the area: Eldorado Canyon, Sugarloaf Mountain, Caribou Flats, Central City, and many more.
2005 WK 5.7L Hemi, RC 2" BB + fabrication = 3.5" lift, JK Rubicon Tires & Wheels, 1.25" Spacers, Fabricated Skidplate, Fabricated Recovery Points, Airaid CAI, Superchips, HIDs RED WK Club #10
sunrcr69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #1424
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Just purchased a Gibson exhaust, I hope it's not to quiet for me.
Nice! Congrats

I just test fit my modified Matrix and it is just about perfect! Now to tear it back down so I can paint it tomorrow.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #1425
WhtJeep
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrcr69 View Post
Thats not a cave, its a mine. Theres lots of abandoned mines in the area that can be explored if youre careful.
Others in the area: Eldorado Canyon, Sugarloaf Mountain, Caribou Flats, Central City, and many more.
Careful being the operative word. That stuff gets sketch real fast.
Originally Posted by cresso
Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it's a 35
XboxGT - The Mad Med1c
WhtJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.