What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 91 - JeepForum.com

 249Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1351 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Budasac
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 3,170
That looks good. It fits nicely.


You might wanna clean that mic homeslice. Looks a little funky.



Budasac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1352 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM
AJeepZJ
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ft Bragg
Posts: 3,575
Lol, Bud... Does look like he droped it in pile of.....

All Gear, No Skill.
AJeepZJ is offline  
post #1353 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM
TurboDiesel
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: langley
Posts: 2,332
not bad for $1.50 tho ahha
TurboDiesel is offline  
post #1354 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Rak187INF
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cranford
Posts: 161
Ya get what ya pay for, lol

Black WK Member #28
2009 WK- 2 Inch RC lift, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2
Rak187INF is offline  
post #1355 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
TurboDiesel
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: langley
Posts: 2,332
so apparently i started paying for my jeep yesterday
didnt think it started till the end of october!...damn that 6 months flew by haha
guess thats it for mods lol
TurboDiesel is offline  
post #1356 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Budasac
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 3,170
I did a bunch of little things.

First, my new to me Rola Rack had the rust issue that I've heard others complain about. Every time it rained water would get into the tubes at the seam and then rust would leak out. Easy enough fix. Seperated the rack and let it dry, sprayed some WD-40 into the tubes to prevent rust and put it back together. Then I backed it out .25" and ran a bead of black silicone around the seam. Pushed it together and put a dab of silicone on each screw hole. Then wiped it down with a damp cloth when done. Good to go, no more rust.

Also couldn't stand the crooked "ROLA" on the wind deflector so I used a headlight restoration kit on it. I wet sanded the whole thing then buffed it with compound.

I also removed and disassembled my rear shock to reposition the rubber sleeve. (The coil was rubbing on the shock body and making a horrible squeeking noise.) I repainted the shock while I was at it.

AJ, here's a profile pic for the tire thread,
Attached Thumbnails
10-4-11.jpg  
Budasac is offline  
post #1357 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 PM
AJeepZJ
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ft Bragg
Posts: 3,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post

AJ, here's a profile pic for the tire thread,
Thanks, got it.

All Gear, No Skill.
AJeepZJ is offline  
post #1358 of 16045 Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
WKChris89
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midland Park
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I did a bunch of little things.

First, my new to me Rola Rack had the rust issue that I've heard others complain about. Every time it rained water would get into the tubes at the seam and then rust would leak out. Easy enough fix. Seperated the rack and let it dry, sprayed some WD-40 into the tubes to prevent rust and put it back together. Then I backed it out .25" and ran a bead of black silicone around the seam. Pushed it together and put a dab of silicone on each screw hole. Then wiped it down with a damp cloth when done. Good to go, no more rust.

Also couldn't stand the crooked "ROLA" on the wind deflector so I used a headlight restoration kit on it. I wet sanded the whole thing then buffed it with compound.

I also removed and disassembled my rear shock to reposition the rubber sleeve. (The coil was rubbing on the shock body and making a horrible squeeking noise.) I repainted the shock while I was at it.

AJ, here's a profile pic for the tire thread,

Buda how u likin those rear shocks?? i have just coe into some extra cash and dont want my rear to sag with the RC lift. i know u have to use some washers to make it fit but what exactly did u adjust because of the clanking??
WKChris89 is offline  
post #1359 of 16045 Old 10-07-2011, 04:25 AM
criket
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I did a bunch of little things.

First, my new to me Rola Rack had the rust issue that I've heard others complain about. Every time it rained water would get into the tubes at the seam and then rust would leak out. Easy enough fix. Seperated the rack and let it dry, sprayed some WD-40 into the tubes to prevent rust and put it back together. Then I backed it out .25" and ran a bead of black silicone around the seam. Pushed it together and put a dab of silicone on each screw hole. Then wiped it down with a damp cloth when done. Good to go, no more rust.

Also couldn't stand the crooked "ROLA" on the wind deflector so I used a headlight restoration kit on it. I wet sanded the whole thing then buffed it with compound.

I also removed and disassembled my rear shock to reposition the rubber sleeve. (The coil was rubbing on the shock body and making a horrible squeeking noise.) I repainted the shock while I was at it.

AJ, here's a profile pic for the tire thread,


LOL, I think every Rola rack I've seen has it crooked on the wind deflecter. Some cross-eyed s-o-b must work at that station at the plant, lol.

(This is in no way, shape, or form degrading, humiliating, or poking fun at the guy that works at Rola who puts that sticker on. If you are reading this and it happens to be you who applies this sticker at the Rola factory, get your **** straight. That crookedness is annoying. )

2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline  
post #1360 of 16045 Old 10-07-2011, 05:38 AM
sunrcr69
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Parker
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by criket View Post
LOL, I think every Rola rack I've seen has it crooked on the wind deflecter. Some cross-eyed s-o-b must work at that station at the plant, lol.

(This is in no way, shape, or form degrading, humiliating, or poking fun at the guy that works at Rola who puts that sticker on. If you are reading this and it happens to be you who applies this sticker at the Rola factory, get your **** straight. That crookedness is annoying. )
Hey you SOB, I work there! they look straight to me! the rest of the rack is crooked.
(kidding)

2005 WK 5.7L Hemi, RC 2" BB + fabrication = 3.5" lift, JK Rubicon Tires & Wheels, 1.25" Spacers, Fabricated Skidplate, Fabricated Recovery Points, Airaid CAI, Superchips, HIDs RED WK Club #10
sunrcr69 is offline  
post #1361 of 16045 Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 AM
criket
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrcr69 View Post
Hey you SOB, I work there! they look straight to me! the rest of the rack is crooked.
(kidding)
HAHAHA, awesome.

2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline  
post #1362 of 16045 Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 AM
AJeepZJ
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ft Bragg
Posts: 3,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by criket View Post
HAHAHA, awesome.
Tobes... we gotta trail meet coming up. Clear your schedule. Bring your beers, tools, and grill - Because in November - We will eat like kings, drink like sailors, and wheel like the only way Jeeps know how.

All Gear, No Skill.
AJeepZJ is offline  
post #1363 of 16045 Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM
SSF556
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Tobes... we gotta trail meet coming up. Clear your schedule. Bring your beers, tools, and grill - Because in November - We will eat like kings, drink like sailors, and wheel like the only way Jeeps know how.
Please let me know the dates...got some new rock rails that need broken in....

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline  
post #1364 of 16045 Old 10-07-2011, 09:57 AM
DarthJeep
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 319
Garage
My home town just saw 5-6in. of rain in 2hrs! so my town is underwater and under a state of emergency, so what did I do....Drive through the flooded downtown area and passed numerous stalled vehicles in 2ft + water lol

Build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/darthjeep-build-thread-2842722/
Black Wk Club 166
DarthJeep is offline  
post #1365 of 16045 Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM
smcginnis87
4X4WK
 
smcginnis87's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix/Scottsdale
Posts: 1,398
lol nice!!!! Yea boston with 6in of rain in only 2 hours is not fun

2015 WK2
--4x4WK--
smcginnis87 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Got a 95 GC today colby72olds ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 06-20-2010 06:34 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
sad day, today cyberbrain ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 21 02-06-2008 09:32 PM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome