What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 91 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFCurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #1351
Budasac
2005 WK 

That looks good. It fits nicely.

You might wanna clean that mic homeslice. Looks a little funky.

Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #1352
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Lol, Bud... Does look like he droped it in pile of.....
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #1353
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

not bad for $1.50 tho ahha
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #1354
Rak187INF
2009 WK 

Ya get what ya pay for, lol
Black WK Member #28
2009 WK- 2 Inch RC lift, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2
Rak187INF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #1355
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

so apparently i started paying for my jeep yesterday
didnt think it started till the end of october!...damn that 6 months flew by haha
guess thats it for mods lol
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #1356
Budasac
2005 WK 

I did a bunch of little things.

First, my new to me Rola Rack had the rust issue that I've heard others complain about. Every time it rained water would get into the tubes at the seam and then rust would leak out. Easy enough fix. Seperated the rack and let it dry, sprayed some WD-40 into the tubes to prevent rust and put it back together. Then I backed it out .25" and ran a bead of black silicone around the seam. Pushed it together and put a dab of silicone on each screw hole. Then wiped it down with a damp cloth when done. Good to go, no more rust.

Also couldn't stand the crooked "ROLA" on the wind deflector so I used a headlight restoration kit on it. I wet sanded the whole thing then buffed it with compound.

I also removed and disassembled my rear shock to reposition the rubber sleeve. (The coil was rubbing on the shock body and making a horrible squeeking noise.) I repainted the shock while I was at it.

AJ, here's a profile pic for the tire thread,
10-4-11.jpg  
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #1357
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post

Thanks, got it.
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #1358
WKChris89
2006 WK 

Quote:

First, my new to me Rola Rack had the rust issue that I've heard others complain about. Every time it rained water would get into the tubes at the seam and then rust would leak out. Easy enough fix. Seperated the rack and let it dry, sprayed some WD-40 into the tubes to prevent rust and put it back together. Then I backed it out .25" and ran a bead of black silicone around the seam. Pushed it together and put a dab of silicone on each screw hole. Then wiped it down with a damp cloth when done. Good to go, no more rust.

Also couldn't stand the crooked "ROLA" on the wind deflector so I used a headlight restoration kit on it. I wet sanded the whole thing then buffed it with compound.

I also removed and disassembled my rear shock to reposition the rubber sleeve. (The coil was rubbing on the shock body and making a horrible squeeking noise.) I repainted the shock while I was at it.

Buda how u likin those rear shocks?? i have just coe into some extra cash and dont want my rear to sag with the RC lift. i know u have to use some washers to make it fit but what exactly did u adjust because of the clanking??
WKChris89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #1359
criket
2005 WK 

Quote:

LOL, I think every Rola rack I've seen has it crooked on the wind deflecter. Some cross-eyed s-o-b must work at that station at the plant, lol.

(This is in no way, shape, or form degrading, humiliating, or poking fun at the guy that works at Rola who puts that sticker on. If you are reading this and it happens to be you who applies this sticker at the Rola factory, get your **** straight. That crookedness is annoying. )
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #1360
sunrcr69
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by criket View Post
LOL, I think every Rola rack I've seen has it crooked on the wind deflecter. Some cross-eyed s-o-b must work at that station at the plant, lol.

(This is in no way, shape, or form degrading, humiliating, or poking fun at the guy that works at Rola who puts that sticker on. If you are reading this and it happens to be you who applies this sticker at the Rola factory, get your **** straight. That crookedness is annoying. )
Hey you SOB, I work there! they look straight to me! the rest of the rack is crooked.
(kidding)
2005 WK 5.7L Hemi, RC 2" BB + fabrication = 3.5" lift, JK Rubicon Tires & Wheels, 1.25" Spacers, Fabricated Skidplate, Fabricated Recovery Points, Airaid CAI, Superchips, HIDs RED WK Club #10
sunrcr69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #1361
criket
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrcr69 View Post
Hey you SOB, I work there! they look straight to me! the rest of the rack is crooked.
(kidding)
HAHAHA, awesome.
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #1362
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by criket View Post
HAHAHA, awesome.
Tobes... we gotta trail meet coming up. Clear your schedule. Bring your beers, tools, and grill - Because in November - We will eat like kings, drink like sailors, and wheel like the only way Jeeps know how.
Unread 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #1363
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Tobes... we gotta trail meet coming up. Clear your schedule. Bring your beers, tools, and grill - Because in November - We will eat like kings, drink like sailors, and wheel like the only way Jeeps know how.
Please let me know the dates...got some new rock rails that need broken in....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #1364
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

My home town just saw 5-6in. of rain in 2hrs! so my town is underwater and under a state of emergency, so what did I do....Drive through the flooded downtown area and passed numerous stalled vehicles in 2ft + water lol
Unread 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #1365
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

lol nice!!!! Yea boston with 6in of rain in only 2 hours is not fun
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.