What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 812 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #12166
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloy24 View Post
Just the headlights or fog lights as well?

Just the headlights. I'm thinking about doing the fogs also. But I'm not sure if it will be too much or not.

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #12167
brianj08
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake
Thanks man. Sounds awesome!! I know I saw the video. I wanted to just get a comparison between yours and the magna flow. I think I like the throatier, deeper sound of the flowmaster. But well see. Just curious, Brianj, how much was the total check for you if you don't mind me asking. Thanks guys
I like it a lot. The muffler and tip was $185 and the labor was a little more than I had planned but it's welded and has a reducer, a hanger, extra pipe. I paid just under 600$ for total parts and labor. I thought labor would have been less but it's what I wanted and I'm happy with it. The guy did a good job of positioning the resonated tip too.
image-3460467246.jpg

brianj08 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #12168
pancake
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj08
I like it a lot. The muffler and tip was $185 and the labor was a little more than I had planned but it's welded and has a reducer, a hanger, extra pipe. I paid just under 600$ for total parts and labor. I thought labor would have been less but it's what I wanted and I'm happy with it. The guy did a good job of positioning the resonated tip too.
Oh... Nah... Hahah. I like the flowmaster a lot more now... Lol. It's less than a third of that with labor
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #12169
brianj08
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake
Oh... Nah... Hahah. I like the flowmaster a lot more now... Lol. It's less than a third of that with labor
Ok it sounds unbelievable though. The tip is extremely heavy duty. 3" polished tip
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #12170
xeasternskies
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj08 View Post
You got extremely ripped off, I paid $120 including the switch for the Super 44 flowmaster, extra pipe, weld, hanger aswell with the tip. Returning the Magnaflow to Kolak to cover some of the costs but even with the return I only will be spending $185. Looks good though.
07 WK 4.7L V8 Limited l Flowmaster 44 l Spidertrax 1.5" l JK Moab's l Black WK #137.
xeasternskies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #12171
brianj08
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeasternskies
You got extremely ripped off, I paid $120 including the switch for the Super 44 flowmaster, extra pipe, weld, hanger aswell with the tip. Returning the Magnaflow to Kolak to cover some of the costs but even with the return I only will be spending $185. Looks good though.
All that matters is that I am happy with it and I do not know how to weld or do that stuff. I had it in for service as well for transmission fluid and filter change which was included in the 600$ price. But still more than what you say you had yours done for.
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #12172
pancake
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeasternskies
What do you mean the switch? Did you put in a electronic valve? Or are you just saying switching it out costs like the money for shipping
Unread 04-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #12173
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj08
All that matters is that I am happy with it and I do not know how to weld or do that stuff. I had it in for service as well for transmission fluid and filter change which was included in the 600$ price. But still more than what you say you had yours done for.
Tips are overrated IMO

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #12174
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

FWIW, I paid $200 even for my flowmaster super 44.

That included the muffler, the labor, I also had them remove the resonator. And add a stainless tip on it. Original quote was $220, but I knew the guy so he did it all for $200 even.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #12175
xeasternskies
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj08 View Post
Not trying to bash at all about it my man just wish you could have gotten a better deal, if your happy that's all that matters though hows the tone on cruising speeds?

@Pancake I meant for them giving me the Super 44 in the price switching it instead of the Magnaflow.
07 WK 4.7L V8 Limited l Flowmaster 44 l Spidertrax 1.5" l JK Moab's l Black WK #137.
Unread 04-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #12176
brianj08
2005 WK 

I guess when you don't worry about money then paying a little extra doesnt seem like a big deal. I am 28 with a full time job I am sure some of the members on here are still in high school or college and I can understand why alot of people do their own maintenance.

My father and I do alot of maintenance on our vehicles since he is very knowledgable with this stuff but there are certain things he will not mess with and the exhaust was one of them.

Unfortunately when he does not want to work on something on my car I have to take it to a place to get it done right. I wish I got a better deal as well but I am definitely happy. The tone on the thing is awesome, I have noticed all the videos you watch don't do it justice but it is excellent.

I thought it was going to be quiet at first after I picked up my vehicle but now after driving it, I would not want it any louder but it is loud enough.
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #12177
xeasternskies
2007 WK 

Videos never do it justice I didnt think mine would sound anything like it did. Im in the same situation though its more satisfying to do things yourself but exhaust I dont even have the tools capable of doing so. You get your d ring shackles yet?
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #12178
brianj08
2005 WK 

not yet, the ebay ad said 2-3 weeks to manufacture and ship. he emailed me and said he had a set lying around and just need to be painted so he is going to have someone paint them then send them on their way to me. My bright orange d-rings will be here tomorrow though just need to wait for the mounts. after that I am probably done for a little bit on the appearance of my car. next items will all be maintenance needed to be done (diff bushings, new tires, bilstein 4600's, coolant change, maybe pcv valve) then hopefully I am good for a while.

I bought a car that was one owner so it is in excellent condition for the year and has low mileage as well considering the year, but they didnt do the maintenance on it other than oil changes. The truck is very strong but I just need to peace of mind I am taking care of these things myself and I am going to start a log for maintenance performed and the mileage so far.
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #12179
xeasternskies
2007 WK 

Im at that point too im done exterior wise right now except for d rings and starting to get OME HD parts. I have to change all fluids and spark plugs/sensors this week though since I have no idea whats been done prior to this.
Unread 04-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #12180
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Stacked all my parts for the build to begin in two weekends!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.