What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 05-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #106
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I did the same thing. Mine was at 80k when I did mine. I will probably to 60k from here on though since I use it more offroad now then I did before.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #107
CmmdrDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
The service schedule for the tranny is 100,00 (Schedule A) or 60,000 (Schedule B). That is for new fluid and both filters.
When I called the dealer the other day she told me it was 30K..hmm..mine had a slight slip so I wanted to get it done anyway.
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #108
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Look here:

http://wkjeeps.com/wk_maintenance.htm#COOLING

Unread 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #109
CmmdrDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
Ohh well..at least I have fresh fluid. I get it done again at 60 for a fresh filter.
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #110
ogie
2005 WK 

I replaced the front rotors on my jeep only to find this:

Early morning parts run before work
ogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #111
08WKJGC
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
Ohh well..at least I have fresh fluid. I get it done again at 60 for a fresh filter.
Dealer talked me into getting a flush done a 30k as well - I wish I hadn't done it for the $300 I paid. The dealers maintenance schedules have shorter intervals than factory recommended intervals so they can get more money. I learned this the hard way, now I just go by what the book recommends.
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #112
StormTrooperWK
2005 WK 

installed the new headlights today....just got some Dual Halo Projector headlights with the black casing from CarID....the HID's come tomorrow and the install took me wayyy too long because of course i spliced and wired the first time into the green wire instead of the black/red wire(KILL ME SUCH A PITA).....anyways, im quite disappointed in the intensity of the halo's themselves. my buddy has a WJ with the exact some ones, same company, same website. BUT HIS ARE SOOOO BLUE AND SOOOO BRIGHT!!!

dont get me wrong, they look SICK at night but during the day people keep asking me to turn them on but they already are.....

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE?!??! I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET ANOTHER SET THAT ARE ACTUALLY BRIGHT BLUE AND NOTICEABLE DURING THE DAYTIME!!!
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #113
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperWK
installed the new headlights today....just got some Dual Halo Projector headlights with the black casing from CarID....the HID's come tomorrow and the install took me wayyy too long because of course i spliced and wired the first time into the green wire instead of the black/red wire(KILL ME SUCH A PITA).....anyways, im quite disappointed in the intensity of the halo's themselves. my buddy has a WJ with the exact some ones, same company, same website. BUT HIS ARE SOOOO BLUE AND SOOOO BRIGHT!!!

dont get me wrong, they look SICK at night but during the day people keep asking me to turn them on but they already are.....

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE?!??! I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET ANOTHER SET THAT ARE ACTUALLY BRIGHT BLUE AND NOTICEABLE DURING THE DAYTIME!!!
Those look sick but I would be very disappointed if mine were like that during the day. I say call.the company. You probably got a defective set.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #114
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperWK View Post

The intensity seems to be a problem with this brand for the WK. Especially when you do the HID conversion. I do not know why. I've already told a lot of these guys I'm just going to go back to my stock set up, the fancy headlights are nice to look at but gets a little old after 6 months. I disconnected my Halo and angle eye display. And that held me over for a while, now I just wanna take the doggone things out.

(so don't you sell the OEM headlights)
Unread 05-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #115
CmmdrDan

Got my cb mounted up..remember kids a tape measure is a good thing..I failed to use one and have 3 extra holes in the plastic panel.
forumrunner_20110504_151122.jpg  
Unread 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #116
hoaxci5
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Finished up my subwoofer/amp install. It's not pretty but it works.. function over form in this case for sure. Also ignore any goldfish you see on the floor
img_5383.jpg   img_5382.jpg   img_5381.jpg  
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #117
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrDan
Got my cb mounted up..remember kids a tape measure is a good thing..I failed to use one and have 3 extra holes in the plastic panel.
Hey! Teachah! Leave them kids alone!

We don't need no education..

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #118
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Double post delete
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #119
sal-XK
2007 XK Commander 

I got in one of my moods again LOL. The lights I put up front been bugging me again. This is the second set I installed up front and its the second set I took off the front I put some washers and a bolt together and mounted them in the roof rail.

Ignore the wires I wasn't done running them
sal-XK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #120
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice! You will have to take a few shots at night once you get finished.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.