What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 798 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #11956
thecalkid
2005 WK 

Location: San Jose / Hollister / Sacramento / Palo Alto, California
I removed the air dam again! That thing looks so goofy, it did give me a 1 mpg gain on my Vegas trip tho I also conditioned the exterior plastic trim. It all looks dark glossy black again!

Jaashua, I had to cut back some of the plastic cubby, so I used some of the scrap plastic to put the switch on. It is actually a 3 sided piece that is held on with plastic rivets and epoxy on the side. It still needs some cleaning up, but it looks pretty good.

thecalkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #11957
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalkid View Post
I removed the air dam again! That thing looks so goofy, it did give me a 1 mpg gain on my Vegas trip tho I also conditioned the exterior plastic trim. It all looks dark glossy black again!

Jaashua, I had to cut back some of the plastic cubby, so I used some of the scrap plastic to put the switch on. It is actually a 3 sided piece that is held on with plastic rivets and epoxy on the side. It still needs some cleaning up, but it looks pretty good.
I'm pretty sure removing "the air dam" that your referring to actually decreases MPG, it is there for aerodynamics/mpg.
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #11958
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

He meant he put it back on for his Vegas trip, gained the 1MPG then took it back off when he got home.
Unread 04-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #11959
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
He meant he put it back on for his Vegas trip, gained the 1MPG then took it back off when he got home.
ah, makes sense! Thanks for clarification... it's Monday after-all...
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #11960
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I got a long piece of angle bracket and trimmed quite a bit off of it to look similar to the Steel Armadillo CB antenna mount (which I already have on the driver's side). I will put this one on the passenger side to be used as a mount for a flag when at off-road parks. Took a little time with the grinder and then plasti-dipping it. I can take some pics when the plasti-dip it's dried and I mount it.
Unread 04-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #11961
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Somehow my Hellas randomly turned themselves on last night (even though the switches were in the off position) and drained my battery. Spent an hour this morning getting it jumped and recharging it.

Build Thread
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #11962
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
Somehow my Hellas randomly turned themselves on last night (even though the switches were in the off position) and drained my battery. Spent an hour this morning getting it jumped and recharging it.
Thats weird. Figure out how it happened yet?
Unread 04-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #11963
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Cleaned the Maf sensor and sprayed the body rust with treatment spray.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #11964
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Absolutely no idea...I've been trying to think what could have possibly caused it. Maybe a bad relay?

Build Thread
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #11965
Nejeep

Finally a nice day here, so I decided to repair the seeping transmission cooler hoses. Stopped at NAPA and picked up 2 feet of 3/8 trany hose and some clamps for $10. Cut the steel lines on the transmission side and removed the crimped collars on the cooler side so I could slip the new hoses on those knurled factory ends. About an hour and a half later I was done and no more leaks
Its nice when a job goes like you want it to.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #11966
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Found this rubi at Wally world

Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #11967
E_Runs
2007 WK 

Replaced the lift gate supports. No more getting conked in the head when it's cold out!
E_Runs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #11968
big0cheeto
2008 WK 

got my Rustys dif guard in the mail today and put it on after work. Its anwesome gaurd for $60, really nice quality. The only bad thing I would say is the 5 allen bolts they supply you with, i didn't like them at all. I made a run to the hardware store and matched up the factory ones with some a bit longer, worked out perfect.
big0cheeto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #11969
GoLeafsGo
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Runs View Post
Replaced the lift gate supports. No more getting conked in the head when it's cold out!
where'd you get the supports from and how much, if you don't mind me asking. Mine is terrible in the winter, but ok in the summer. Winter's the only time I really care though haha
GoLeafsGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #11970
GoLeafsGo
2005 WK 

Got an oil change today.

I've got a question for you peeps. Everytime I've went in for an oil change and tell them it's a 4.7L, they tell me that it need 5.7L and even marked on the engine in chalk that it's 5.7L, even though it's a 4.7.

Anyone know what that's about?
GoLeafsGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.