What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 794 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #11896
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post

Yes, Chris got a one-off set, but there are limitations on custom work. I'm restricted by size, since I can't have any engraving over the top of the LED strip. To do so would look terrible because of the way it illuminates. Also, I'm limited in cutter size, so detail work is iffy. Lastly, I can't do a single set of rings at any random time. The logos/designs on any given set are cut in first, before the rings themselves are cut. After a batch is made from the template, there's no way to go back and add anything. So, I can only do one-offs when a new batch is made. This works best on my 50/50 templates. Meaning, only half the rings get a design. The ORT version is a good example of that. Half the batch is ORT, the other half is standard. On those standard rings, I can add custom work if warranted. To do it any other way isn't practical from a time standpoint.

I should add, that there have been requests for new styles of rings altogether. A Hemi or CRD version for example. I think Hemi would do well, but CRD would probably move slowly. I do have another new style of ring that was suggested to me, and that member was nice enough to help me out with the design and submitted a .dxf file for me to use. I'm definitely making those, but what they look like will have to be a surprise.
I think hemi would do well, what about just a WK or even a GC in there, either way, I think we have some good choices as it is. I'm happy this took off for you like it did. I will be placing an order soon (I keep saying this).

Unread 03-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #11897
baggee
2007 WK 

Installed new tail lights...

baggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #11898
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Started to DePlasti-dip everything!
Unread 03-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #11899
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Picked up a few badges from Nathan @ Rebadge Design. No just to decide where it needs to go

img_20140328_141600.jpg
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #11900
wwbd75
2010 WK 

Installed Hankook dynapro atm and installed Stillen rotors and metal matrix pads.
The tire install ripped the plasti-dip, so I also peeled that all the way off today. Can't wait to dip em black again.
wwbd75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #11901
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Picked up a set of PIAA low beam 9006 bulbs...and new wipers. ALl currently on the Jeep suck, my headlights are like candles and my wipers blow goats, all 3 of them.

I might be able to see at night in the rain now?!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #11902
skibum555
2005 WK 

Special e20 socket arrived one day early!. But I ended up using a 15mm because the e20 was too long. I wasted 9 bucks but I'll pay that over a few more time because I got rid of the acceleration "pop"!!!!! Tomorrow going fishing with the brother inlaw and I'm pumped to use my jeep to tow his boat. It's a small three man skiff really but still pumped.
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #11903
PTee

Started my jeep to go to work and had no steering. Turns out my serpentine belt has come off. A strand of it was hanging down so I don't know if a critter chewed it or what. Had to get to work so didn't have time to look.
Chirpz has a write up for the turbo diesel replacement, would this be pretty much the same for my 2010 Hemi?

2010 WK North Edition 5.7 Hemi, QT2, loaded Black WK #102
PTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #11904
fishinbama
2007 WK 

PTee- It would not be the same. However, yours is probably easier. Just put the belt on all the pulleys and leave the tensioner for last. Then use the right wrench to push on the tensioner and slide the belt into place.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2014, 11:07 PM   #11905
PTee

Okay, that sounds pretty straight forward. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

2010 WK North Edition 5.7 Hemi, QT2, loaded Black WK #102
Unread 03-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #11906
roddaz
2007 WK 

Splash guards with mopar side skirts!!

Hi this has probably been asked many times before !!
Has anyone come across a suitable splash guard for the front of a WK fitted with the mopar/SRT deeper side skirts.
I removed the stock splash guards when I installed the skirts, But have since installed Eibach 1" Wheel spacers and now get a lot more spray and splashing on the sides of the Jeep.
Any ideas???
roddaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #11907
PTee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTee
Okay, that sounds pretty straight forward. Thanks for the info, much appreciated. 2010 WK North Edition 5.7 Hemi, QT2, loaded Black WK #102
sooooo...not so straight forward.
turns out when i got under there to look the AC compressor was torqued up, pulled by the belt then ripped off
It appears that the rear or the 3 bolts was never there!!! I'm only 5000 km into owning this Jeep so I don't know the history. Anyway, with the 2 front bolts in, they run in parallel with the belt, and without the rear, it was always being pulled up, With time what appears to have happened, a bolt broke off, the torque of the belt ripped it forward bending and snapping the second bolt!!!
I was able to get the bent piece of bolt out and luckily just enough of the broken piece was there to get my fingers then pliers on and unsrew the broken bit which was inside the AC threads. But not the second!!!
Trip down to Lordco and they dont have those bolts in that length? Dealership service dept. is closed Sundays (I guess people like bringing in their cars on weekdays instead) stupid. Need the truck tomorrow, I can't tote the kid and baby around to and from school in a cab. So I get 3 feet of ready rod, and hacksaw some bolts to fit with washers and nuts for the ends.
So I got the "bolts" in, just 2, front and back, new serpentine belt on, marked the nuts so I can see if they get loose or anything. These 2 bolts are in a better position to hold it in place then having just the front 2.
Any suggestions on just keeping an eye on its stability.
Or should I try and drill the piece of shrapnel out somehow. There isn't a lot of room or sightline.

2010 WK North Edition. QT2, loaded with Hemi Black WK # 102
Unread 03-30-2014, 11:33 PM   #11908
jjt250
2007 WK 

If you're curious what the CRD sounds like...

Just bought a new external mic for the GoPro and figured I'd go out and test it today. I mounted it under the hood right next to the air intake box. Here's the video (make sure to watch in HD):

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Unread 03-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #11909
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Just bought a new external mic for the GoPro and figured I'd go out and test it today. I mounted it under the hood right next to the air intake box. Here's the video (make sure to watch in HD):
That looks and sounds great man. I really don't know why I just watched you drive through Omaha for 12 minutes, but I did... and I liked it, haha.
Unread 03-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #11910
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
That looks and sounds great man. I really don't know why I just watched you drive through Omaha for 12 minutes, but I did... and I liked it, haha.
Haha it's always interesting seeing places you know on random places online. If you're ever see an 07 diesel with a GoPro on it, give me a wave!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.