What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 744 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #11146
pmdowd6
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
I got the title the other day. Paid it off almost a year early.
Feels good doesn't it

Unread 01-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #11147
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

It took all weekend with many unexpected issues, but I finally got my bumper on. Need to fix the grille, put the fender liners in, and mount the winch. Sounds like projects for next weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-4082979961.jpg

image-2133397525.jpg

[B][U]2005 WK 5.7[/U] [COLOR="Red"]ORT[/COLOR] | Mod SL (OME struts & 990s) | JBA UCAs & Discos | Saguaro Front Bumper | Warn Zeon 10s | 285/70/17 BFG TA KO | AIRAID CAI | Gibson 3" Exhaust | DiabloSport Intune | JL Stealthbox[/B]
ttusqrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #11148
MoparFan91
2006 WK 

Installed Westin Bull Bar, PIAA 540 Xtreme White Driving Lights. The PIAA pictures are terrible quality but you get the point. Let me know what you think, they're also set up to come on with the bright beams because I hate switches that aren't factory in my cab. Up next on the 15th is a 2inch lift and Kelly Safari 245/70/17's They're Kelly Safari TSR. Looking forward to some feedback guys and girls.
imag0210-1280x722-.jpg   imag0212-1280x722-.jpg   imag0217-1280x722-.jpg   imag0221-1280x722-.jpg   imag0216-1024x577-.jpg  

Red WK Member #36
MoparFan91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #11149
WK_Okie

2005 WK 

It isn't much, but getting a start on some much needed TLC and upcoming mods that I have been wanting to get done: Changed the oil, assessed the small trans fluid leak I have , replaced the hood lift support (only to find the 2 for the rear glass are out as well), and finally decided to take the front air-dam off (looks so much better), and seafoamed.
fe.jpg

Black WK Club #127

"Life is the rent we pay for the space we occupy."
WK_Okie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #11150
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

We got hit by a pretty good snow storm here. Over a foot in most places.

Best part, my work. I work midnights and the dumb place didn't even bother to get the truck lot plowed. We had semi trucks getting stuck to the point where we couldn't back them up to load them all.

Oh but my jeep with stock ride height and stock tires, plowed right through without any hesitation at all. When we left work I had to help 3 co-workers leave because they were stuck. A couple small cars (acceptable to get stuck) but also a brand new 2012-13 ford explorer. The damn this wasn't even AWD, it got more stuck the the ford fusion before him. It took him probably 20 minutes of backing up and pulling forward and giving his engine hell before he got out of the parking lot. Something tells me that thing can't really do much "exploring" at all, except maybe pavement.

Meanwhile im sitting there (not even in 4-low) doing doughnuts and riding around like it was only an inch of snow. Another guy in his WJ came into work without any problems.

Its moments like this that I realize, THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A JEEP.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:07 AM   #11151
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc
We got hit by a pretty good snow storm here. Over a foot in most places. Best part, my work. I work midnights and the dumb place didn't even bother to get the truck lot plowed. We had semi trucks getting stuck to the point where we couldn't back them up to load them all. Oh but my jeep with stock ride height and stock tires, plowed right through without any hesitation at all. When we left work I had to help 3 co-workers leave because they were stuck. A couple small cars (acceptable to get stuck) but also a brand new 2012-13 ford explorer. The damn this wasn't even AWD, it got more stuck the the ford fusion before him. It took him probably 20 minutes of backing up and pulling forward and giving his engine hell before he got out of the parking lot. Something tells me that thing can't really do much "exploring" at all, except maybe pavement. Meanwhile im sitting there (not even in 4-low) doing doughnuts and riding around like it was only an inch of snow. Another guy in his WJ came into work without any problems. Its moments like this that I realize, THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A JEEP.
I hear ya, nothing but ice and drifted snow here. Got halfway to work this morning before they called and cancelled my shift. The jeep just muscled its way with no problem at all. Even with the duelers which kinda suck in the snow.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #11152
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparFan91 View Post
Installed Westin Bull Bar, PIAA 540 Xtreme White Driving Lights. The PIAA pictures are terrible quality but you get the point. Let me know what you think, they're also set up to come on with the bright beams because I hate switches that aren't factory in my cab. Up next on the 15th is a 2inch lift and Kelly Safari 245/70/17's They're Kelly Safari TSR. Looking forward to some feedback guys and girls.

The lights look great but is it possible to mod the bull bar so it sits up higher? It looks like it seriouusly degraded your approach angle.
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #11153
MoparFan91
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post

The lights look great but is it possible to mod the bull bar so it sits up higher? It looks like it seriouusly degraded your approach angle.
Yes, I was exploring modifications to it and the best I could do would be about 1-1.5inches. It looks like it takes from ground clearance however it does sit perfectly flush with the air dam. I figured the two inch lift I'm doing will take care of things for me. It's not much of a trail beast. The odd path to go sight seeing in Banff or Jasper. It's more for the looks...I know shame on me!
Red WK Member #36
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #11154
cloy24
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparFan91
Yes, I was exploring modifications to it and the best I could do would be about 1-1.5inches. It looks like it takes from ground clearance however it does sit perfectly flush with the air dam. I figured the two inch lift I'm doing will take care of things for me. It's not much of a trail beast. The odd path to go sight seeing in Banff or Jasper. It's more for the looks...I know shame on me!
would removal of the Air Dam have any effect? I removed my air dam to help with ground clearance.
cloy24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:44 PM   #11155
MoparFan91
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloy24 View Post
would removal of the Air Dam have any effect? I removed my air dam to help with ground clearance.
Well the bar is flush with the air dam so it wouldn't make a difference with clearance if I removed it. If I removed it and modified the brackets then yes but I think the lift will be okay.
Red WK Member #36
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #11156
cloy24
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparFan91
Well the bar is flush with the air dam so it wouldn't make a difference with clearance if I removed it. If I removed it and modified the brackets then yes but I think the lift will be okay.
nice! What kind of lift kit are you getting?
cloy24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #11157
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Bull bar looks good with the lights. and hey... TIM's!!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #11158
WieSeL

Went out and checked the flex on the new modified OME

WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #11159
816jared
2005 WK 

I decided today that I'm going to start shopping for a CRD, RUH ROH!
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #11160
pancake
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WieSeL
Went out and checked the flex on the new modified OME
What are you running? Just curious because I'm planning out my lift right now and want to put together a modified ome setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.