What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 732 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 11-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #10966
caulk04
2008 WK 

Drove to the store with my son before it gets into the teens and snows tonight and did some more tweaking to my shift schedule. It's enjoying a warm dry sleep in the garage now...

Unread 11-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #10967
msfulcher77
2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Train
Thanks & we've dealt w/ the "family" stuff too. I know that can be rough. Just keep doing what's right & God will bless it. And congrats on the catch-can. I need one of those. Which one? Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
I just installed a cheapie air compressor filter to see how it works and them if I like that, I'll invest in a better/nicer Billet Technology or the like.
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #10968
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfulcher77
I just installed a cheapie air compressor filter to see how it works and them if I like that, I'll invest in a better/nicer Billet Technology or the like.
Let us know how that works. I'm the type that likes to do things on the cheap, but I still wanna do it good.

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #10969
origin
2009 WK 

Plasti-dipped my wheels and badges. Totally blacked out now.
Unread 11-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #10970
kookoo102
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Train View Post
Let us know how that works. I'm the type that likes to do things on the cheap, but I still wanna do it good.

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ

It will work just fine, just not be "bling bling" (if thats what you are after)
Seriously though, I used one of those air compressor water seperators back when I had my SRT-4, it will work verry well. Some things I ran into when using one of those was:
-Remove the filter inside the unit.. it provides no benifit to keep in, and gets sludged up.
-Depending on the size you get, check it often. On the SRT-4, I had to empty once a week, sometimes more often.
-Being that oil is accumulating up in the unit, the o-ring will get some on it and over time will not seal up all too well... and then start to leak. so try to keep it clean, dry and free of oil.

I removed it and went to an actual catch can for only 2 reasons.. to match my engine bay setup (wrinkle black is the ****) and capacity (got annoying having to empty it once a week)

Now I dont know how bad the 5.7 is with blow by, but you may only need to empty once every 2 weeks, or maybe once a month. Being that there is no forced induction, I would assume it would not build up as much a vehicle with forced induction.
kookoo102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #10971
Clirry
2014 WK 

Took it to Dealership last friday to have TPMS installed and balanced. So thrilled that vibration and that annoying tire warning are gone... but found out that front tires are dead flat so, had to go there again and redo everything. (haven't checked jeep outside yet)
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #10972
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick View Post
Turned my 4Lo t-handle into my "fun-time-lever"
Nice
Unread 11-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #10973
msfulcher77
2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Train
Let us know how that works. I'm the type that likes to do things on the cheap, but I still wanna do it good. Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Will do. So far so good. It's clear so I can see how much is in there. I can see what looks like a teaspoon in there after about 125 miles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo102
It will work just fine, just not be "bling bling" (if thats what you are after) Seriously though, I used one of those air compressor water seperators back when I had my SRT-4, it will work verry well. Some things I ran into when using one of those was: -Remove the filter inside the unit.. it provides no benifit to keep in, and gets sludged up. -Depending on the size you get, check it often. On the SRT-4, I had to empty once a week, sometimes more often. -Being that oil is accumulating up in the unit, the o-ring will get some on it and over time will not seal up all too well... and then start to leak. so try to keep it clean, dry and free of oil. I removed it and went to an actual catch can for only 2 reasons.. to match my engine bay setup (wrinkle black is the ****) and capacity (got annoying having to empty it once a week) Now I dont know how bad the 5.7 is with blow by, but you may only need to empty once every 2 weeks, or maybe once a month. Being that there is no forced induction, I would assume it would not build up as much a vehicle with forced induction.
Thanks for the info. As stated above it is working well. It's getting cold here now so i may upgrade in the spring. We'll see. Although where I put it and ran the tubing, it doesn't look too bad...
Unread 11-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #10974
abajoczky
2007 XK Commander 

oil and filter change, new wiper blades, new rear wiper blade, and did the seafoam treatment. thank goodness for a steady breeze!
abajoczky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #10975
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

Drove it all day with a whiny power steering motor while coming back from camping. I made it home, but that power steering motor won't give me any more life. Looks like a new chore!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #10976
msfulcher77
2008 XK Commander 

Cleaned the carpet after my wife dropped a half cooked pumpkin pie and missed the slush mat... :-\
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #10977
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfulcher77
Will do. So far so good. It's clear so I can see how much is in there. I can see what looks like a teaspoon in there after about 125 miles... Thanks for the info. As stated above it is working well. It's getting cold here now so i may upgrade in the spring. We'll see. Although where I put it and ran the tubing, it doesn't look too bad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo102
It will work just fine, just not be "bling bling" (if thats what you are after) Seriously though, I used one of those air compressor water seperators back when I had my SRT-4, it will work verry well. Some things I ran into when using one of those was: -Remove the filter inside the unit.. it provides no benifit to keep in, and gets sludged up. -Depending on the size you get, check it often. On the SRT-4, I had to empty once a week, sometimes more often. -Being that oil is accumulating up in the unit, the o-ring will get some on it and over time will not seal up all too well... and then start to leak. so try to keep it clean, dry and free of oil. I removed it and went to an actual catch can for only 2 reasons.. to match my engine bay setup (wrinkle black is the ****) and capacity (got annoying having to empty it once a week) Now I dont know how bad the 5.7 is with blow by, but you may only need to empty once every 2 weeks, or maybe once a month. Being that there is no forced induction, I would assume it would not build up as much a vehicle with forced induction.
Thanks! I think I'm gonna try this before my TB gets all nasty again. Oh, and I've never cared about "bling". If it works (& doesn't totally embarrass my wife) do it.

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #10978
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

New wiper blades all around for $14 .. Thank you rock auto.
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #10979
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

I did this yesterday

But also got over this and much tougher stuff:

Unread 11-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #10980
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15
I did this yesterday
Took me awhile to see what you did (on my iPhone).

But, dddaammmnnnn.
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.