What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 721 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #10801
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland-wk View Post
http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Ha...tml?sort=3&o=0

Its pretty easy to do just need some self tap screws and some 700 series tp rubber wall base. Bought it at home depo for work and just used what was left of it. It might look getto to some but i like.
Looks great, I'm really interested into trying this out. Can you provide some more pictures of it and the entire Jeep, in different angles, to see what it would look like as a whole. This would certainly help with rock chips with those of wider tires.

Wonder if the PVC Vinyl wall base would work too?

Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #10802
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
Looks great, I'm really interested into trying this out. Can you provide some more pictures of it and the entire Jeep, in different angles, to see what it would look like as a whole. This would certainly help with rock chips with those of wider tires.

Wonder if the PVC Vinyl wall base would work too?
Ill take better pics as soon as i can... But pvc vinyl wall base is what i used basically.
Bumsmodified98xj
overland-wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #10803
Bogie
2005 WK 

Changed a Brake light bulb bit surprised to find out, would have thought I would get a Lamp Failure message (was a nice feature on my ZJ)
Previous Jeeps - 78 SJ,91 YJ,94 ZJ,98 XJ,06 LJ Rubi
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #10804
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rattle canned bed liner along the lower door sills that were covered before I added the rock sliders and redid all the kick plates too.
'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #10805
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9SAR
Rattle canned bed liner along the lower door sills that were covered before I added the rock sliders and redid all the kick plates too.
Pics or it didn't happen lol
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #10806
jresch10
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Spent $232 at the transmission shop.
jresch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #10807
Justajeeper
2006 WK 

took it to the shop

posted on here earlier, got no feedback, had to take her to the dealership.....turns out the last time they rotated my tires someone forgot the driver side lugs...cost was 90.00 to have a wheel hub stub, and a lug nut installed after it was sheared off.
Oh, it gets better...tech verified my concern at the dealership, and added that upon inspection including the sheared of stud and lug nut missing there were 3 lug nuts finger tight, yes over half of my lugs were loose, and one firmly secured. No other damage was seen so I lucked out big time.

I have a ton of information now, and will be doing my own work. Tomorrow I will be writing a letter to the owner of the dealership about it. I will be seeking a refund for the work done on negligence of the tech that did my oil and tire rotation.

It had been making a rough knocking noise and I had been looking at every forum, youtube video, and search for an explanation. I have been under my truck 8 times in the last four days looking at every connection that related to what I could find. Never occurred to me to double check dealership work for possible negligence for a simple routine service. I will have them double check everything in my presence now before I leave.
Justajeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #10808
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justajeeper
posted on here earlier, got no feedback, had to take her to the dealership.....turns out the last time they rotated my tires someone forgot the driver side lugs...cost was 90.00 to have a wheel hub stub, and a lug nut installed after it was sheared off. Oh, it gets better...tech verified my concern at the dealership, and added that upon inspection including the sheared of stud and lug nut missing there were 3 lug nuts finger tight, yes over half of my lugs were loose, and one firmly secured. No other damage was seen so I lucked out big time. I have a ton of information now, and will be doing my own work. Tomorrow I will be writing a letter to the owner of the dealership about it. I will be seeking a refund for the work done on negligence of the tech that did my oil and tire rotation. It had been making a rough knocking noise and I had been looking at every forum, youtube video, and search for an explanation. I have been under my truck 8 times in the last four days looking at every connection that related to what I could find. Never occurred to me to double check dealership work for possible negligence for a simple routine service. I will have them double check everything in my presence now before I leave.
Can't trust them at all. I brought mine in to see why my transmission was skipping and I got it back leaking transmission fluid. Had to replace the ac condenser which cost about $500
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #10809
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
Pics or it didn't happen lol
You got there...but I swear I did it

before and after...will cover the holes with grip tape when I can find a more textured bed liner.
img_1773_2_2.jpg

img_1774_2_2.jpg

img_1781_2_2.jpg

img_1783_2_2.jpg

img_1784_2_2.jpg

'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #10810
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
You got there...but I swear I did it before and after...will cover the holes with grip tape when I can find a more textured bed liner.
Looks great!
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #10811
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
You got there...but I swear I did it before and after...will cover the holes with grip tape when I can find a more textured bed liner.
Wow that looks 1000x better, might consider doing this.
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #10812
JeepCK
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_SINGH View Post
rough day to say the least.

350 bullets (AK-47) + grenade-launcher used against it, however, everyone survived due to it being bulletproof.

original story: http://www.portalautomotriz.com/cont...8/format/html/

EDIT: translated TL;DR: The secretary of Public Safety of Central Mexico's convoy of vehicles (including this Jeep) was attacked by a dozen gunmen. This Jeep GC was hit with 350 AK-47 bullets and even a grenade-launcher but due to the vehicle having level 5 shielding (USA standard) everyone survived with only minor shrapnel injuries due to the 40mm grenade launched at the window.

Holy ****!!! I think I remember seeing the build for that Jeep on this forum. Either that or it was someone in the Middle East. Glad everyone made it out alive!!!

After a search...Nope.. it was this guy in Venezuela. Still pretty insane. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b...hread-1315232/

Fyi... http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_armored.htm
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights - White Rock Lights| Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit --
JeepCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #10813
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Those quadratec liners are great aren't they?!?

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #10814
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCK
Holy ****!!! I think I remember seeing the build for that Jeep on this forum. Either that or it was someone in the Middle East. Glad everyone made it out alive!!! After a search...Nope.. it was this guy in Venezuela. Still pretty insane. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b...hread-1315232/ Fyi... http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_armored.htm
Hahaha I thought the same thing at first!
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #10815
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04 View Post
Those quadratec liners are great aren't they?!?
They've saved me a lot of clean up time

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.