Any pics of the mounting bracket? Ive been planning on doing this too
Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
Hey man. Um, not really...lol. I thought I had popped a few shots of it, but I checked, and I didn't. I made it myself and it worked very well and was very simple. I took a strip of galvanized steel with the holes drilled in it and cut 2 pieces for each light. One smaller piece about 3" long shaped to fit the curve of the inside of the light bucket goes inside on top of the light bracket and one longer one (5" maybe?) shaped to fit over the outside curve of the light bucket.
Crappy pic, but you get the idea. The plastic from the light bucket is sandwiched between the 2 strips. I also used the big stainless washer to help keep the strips apart a bit as it didn't crush as easily. Amazingly strong and solid. No light movement and I can easily adjust the lights without the brackets moving. Worked 10/10 and took 30 min to design and make work.
this is what the light bucket with the stock lamp in there looks like.
in this crappy pic you can sort of see the bracket.
From the front you cant see it at all. Looks great, took no time, cost me a piece of scrap.
Sweet!!! How did you do it? I don't think Bushwacker is ever going to make fender flares for the WK....
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights - White Rock Lights| Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit --
EDIT:translated TL;DR: The secretary of Public Safety of Central Mexico's convoy of vehicles (including this Jeep) was attacked by a dozen gunmen. This Jeep GC was hit with 350 AK-47 bullets and even a grenade-launcher but due to the vehicle having level 5 shielding (USA standard) everyone survived with only minor shrapnel injuries due to the 40mm grenade launched at the window.
Last edited by super_SINGH; 10-30-2013 at 02:58 PM..
nly the "blessing of God" made the van that traveled Secretary of Public Security of the state of Michoacán (central Mexico) resist the onslaught, told Efe Carlos Karam, head of the Technical Department of the company and Shield Conveyor Safety and Security (TPS)
About a dozen gunmen ambushed the convoy of three vehicles traveling in Minerva Bautista and his bodyguards on 24 April, through a heavy vehicle to cut off the road you are traveling.
Then fired incessantly for four minutes using 50-caliber Barrett rifles using bullets piercing-AK 47 assault rifles, AR-15 and G3, and fragmentation grenades of 40 mm.
While in another vehicle killed two of the guards of the official, the van in which she was riding-model Jeep Grand Cherokee-resist impacts more than 350 bullet, saving the lives of its occupants, which showed only minor injury as a result of shrapnel.
Also used a grenade launcher to hit one of their missiles in one of the side windows, unable to pass through the shield either.
"The van had five level shielding according to the standard used in the United States," he told Efe Carlos Karam in Monterrey, Mexico city north of the country where the company is headquartered in charge of the vehicle's armor.
He acknowledged that they are "amazed" by the performance of the materials with which the unit was reinforced because the van was subjected to excessive fire "that exceeded the levels for which it was protected."
The standard specifies that a four-inch area can only receive three to five bullets, but in the case of the official's truck received 70 impacts and in some of them of the highest caliber.
A five-level armored vehicle-Karam added can withstand certain types of attacks if in motion. A 60 percent chance that hold depends on the skill of the driver "and only 40 percent for the quality of the materials."
The specialist mentioned that, in this case, the officer's truck was immobilized, "making it more amazing that the shield could resist", so the vehicle subject to different studies also serve to improve its products.
Charles Karam explained that the 40 mm grenade that exploded in a burst reinforced glass part of the door, and that allowed to pass shrapnel that injured the occupants, "but no bullet shaped projectile crossed."
According to the Mexican Association of Automotive Blindadores (AMBA), in recent months has increased by 10 percent the protection of vehicles due to the insecurity prevailing in the country.
The costs of a vehicle in Mexico shielding fluctuate between 250 pesos (about 19 000 $ 230) to just over 1 million pesos (about 76 000 $ 920), depending on the level of protection and only the company Conveyor Safety and Security has over 800 thousand armored vehicles across the country