What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 719 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #10771
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
I've never even heard of a spark plug breaking off while driving. I don't see how it's even possible.
The pics don't lie man. I was driving on the highway home last night when my jeep started shaking. I thought it was something caught in the belt or driveshaft related but I opened my hood on the side of the road and saw that.

Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #10772
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Amazing. I've seen them break, but not separate cleanly like that. It's like the ceramic core just slipped right out of the metal threaded collar!
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #10773
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly
Amazing. I've seen them break, but not separate cleanly like that. It's like the ceramic core just slipped right out of the metal threaded collar!
That's exactly what happened bro. Look at the coil, the boot was melted right off! I replaced both spark plugs in those cylinders and got a coil from Autozone and it appears she's running fine now, crossing my fingers.
image-2108131143.jpg

Unread 10-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #10774
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
The pics don't lie man. I was driving on the highway home last night when my jeep started shaking. I thought it was something caught in the belt or driveshaft related but I opened my hood on the side of the road and saw that.
That is just crazy!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #10775
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
That is just crazy!
Haha yup! I've never seen it before either. Even my next door neighbor who's a mechanic took a look at it and couldn't effing believe it. He checked out the cylinder with his bore scope and saw no damage and nothing was in there either. He basically said I was one lucky son of a *****
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #10776
ggt1_02
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt View Post
Has anyone ever had this happen? A spark plug broke off while I was driving and destroyed the coil with it. BTW it's the Hemi. FML
Had this happen years ago on my Grandpa's boat while going out the St. Lucie inlet. It made a huge bang as the plug shot out and hit the deck plate.
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #10777
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Removed the 4 Cree LED Seward Offroad lights and installed a set of 6 Cree LED Spot Pattern Driving Lights in their place. Same housing size...1600 Lumens.

Popped the 4 LED lamps on the XJ rack.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #10778
Wilbready
2005 WK 

I am thinking quite seriously about junking the original head unit (REC) and going with the Kenwood system with Garmin and iPod connectivity. I have it narrowed down the the DNX 570 HD and Crutchfield has all the harnesses to make the rest of the vehicle still operate; minus the Uconnect (which is garbage) and the factory nav, of course. Has anyone done this? What should I expect as far as rebooting or system compatibility?
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #10779
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready
I am thinking quite seriously about junking the original head unit (REC) and going with the Kenwood system with Garmin and iPod connectivity. I have it narrowed down the the DNX 570 HD and Crutchfield has all the harnesses to make the rest of the vehicle still operate; minus the Uconnect (which is garbage) and the factory nav, of course. Has anyone done this? What should I expect as far as rebooting or system compatibility?
I ditched my REC unit and replaced it with a Pioneer double din. One of the best things I have done so far. Still have my steering wheel controls and has more features than I could imagine. Best one is I can play my iPhone music through the radio via Bluetooth
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #10780
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin
I ditched my REC unit and replaced it with a Pioneer double din. One of the best things I have done so far. Still have my steering wheel controls and has more features than I could imagine. Best one is I can play my iPhone music through the radio via Bluetooth
Thanks, Jeepforthewin, but I am partial to Kenwood. I appreciate your feedback though.
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #10781
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin
How much did this run you? About to do this myself after the first of the year.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #10782
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch
How much did this run you? About to do this myself after the first of the year. Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Go through Crutchfield.com enter your vehicle info and they will tell you everything you need.
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #10783
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ
Removed the 4 Cree LED Seward Offroad lights and installed a set of 6 Cree LED Spot Pattern Driving Lights in their place. Same housing size...1600 Lumens. Popped the 4 LED lamps on the XJ rack.
Any pics of the mounting bracket? Ive been planning on doing this too

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #10784
DVB
2006 WK 

Changed my tranny filters/fluid for the first time on the jeep. Surprised at how much was drained. I'm guessing at least 7-8qts.
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #10785
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch
How much did this run you? About to do this myself after the first of the year. Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
I got it through Sonic Electronics but I can't remember the price. I think for everything bought (head unit,wiring,app radio wiring, steering wheel controls, and install) I paid somewhere around $600

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.