Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#4 ·
I put on some yellow fog light vinyl covers. And made a few of my own roads.

Are your side views backwards? wtf lol
Are those to improve the visibilty in fog? And I do believe they are backwards in that picture...interesting thanks for pointing that out.

its either the battery or the starter needs to be replaced, the WK starter commonly goes around 60-80k miles.

I myself gave the dub a nice detail and cleaned off all of the sand from when it iced last week.
I had this problem since 38k miles. 4 Hours after the thing rolled off the lot. Been good for a year or so and it just started acting up. I'll put in a new starter in the in spring. Only cost like $80.

#3 ·
its either the battery or the starter needs to be replaced, the WK starter commonly goes around 60-80k miles.

I myself gave the dub a nice detail and cleaned off all of the sand from when it iced last week.

#12,657 ·
Oh really now, aha and my dad blamed it on me driving through the ocean on my vacation in OBX a couple years ago...my starter died at around 72k.

I always thought to myself, it couldn't be possible for water or sand to get into it the way its mounted....will be rubbing this in his face later.

#15 ·
Well if you've seen my new to us wk thread you would know that I recently bought my 08. Well on the 4hr drive back home I noticed a little whine in the front end that I didn't notice on the test drive or during the driving my wife and I did while visiting the inlaws. Im a pretty mechanical person so my first thought is tranny or front diff. I have a buddy here in Omaha that is a tech for a dodge/jeep dealership here so I have him take it for a spin with me on his day off today. Ha I just wanted him to listen to the noise but we ended up taking it to the dealership and putting it on the lift and going over the whole jeep. Using a stethoscope we narrowed it down to the front diff. Prob the bearings. Which in a sense is good because its covered under the warranty that came with the jeep. Also while there he hooked me up with a new driverside door weather striping since mine had a tear in it and also a brand new key fob and cut key that he had "laying in his toolbox". I also ended up ordering the factory remote start once he showed me his price on it. Going to try and get the front diff replaced under warranty this week. After that.....the modding will begin.
-Wes

#16 ·
Took this from the YJ forum on here. It's interesting to see what everyone is doing each day in respect to mods, repairs, or general maintenance.

I'll start this one off with a funny story.

Going out on a date tonight and didn't want to make a bad impression by showing up in the RustBucket (YJ) so I decided to tackle my WK's starter problem. Ended up finding out that one of the bolts for the plastic splash guard was gone, and I broke another one taking it off. So now that is sitting in the junk pile in the basement. Checked the starter wires and they were all tight, wiggled them a little and it started right up.

Went to the gas station, got some gas, started up again. So I took it to the car wash.... (the kind where it is on a little rail almost). So I pay and walk outside. **** looked like hell. There were 5 Mexicans trying to push my Jeep while one inside was trying to start it. Meanwhile there was a lady screaming because her Jaguar Coupe was about 3 feet away from the back of my Jeep and coming out fast. Thank god one of those speedy guys jumped in the jaguar and hit the brakes just in time. I ended up opening the hood, pulling on the positive wire, and it started up. Got home and i cycled it 4 times and it was fine. :confused:
Wow, that was nice of em to do that. In my town the people would just stand and watch.

#20 ·
I have had my WK about 7 weeks now.

Since I got her, I have had a class 3 Reese hitch installed to tow my 16ft boat around and added a set of wheel locks to the rims.

While she had almost everything, she did not have a navigation system, so, I bought a Garmin Nuvi 1350 with 4.3" touchscreen display which is very cool & user friendly.

I have a set of custom camo seat covers (front & rear) on order which should be in this week - already have a camo steering wheel cover.

I also purchased a 4yr 48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, so, I don't think I will be doing much to it mechanically - don't want to risk voiding the warranty out.

After the seat covers come in, I may look into a ROLA roofrack to add to my factory roof rack.

#21 ·
I have had my WK about 7 weeks now.

Since I got her, I have had a class 3 Reese hitch installed to tow my 16ft boat around and added a set of wheel locks to the rims.

While she had almost everything, she did not have a navigation system, so, I bought a Garmin Nuvi 1350 with 4.3" touchscreen display which is very cool & user friendly.

I have a set of custom camo seat covers (front & rear) on order which should be in this week - already have a camo steering wheel cover.

I also purchased a 4yr 48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, so, I don't think I will be doing much to it mechanically - don't want to risk voiding the warranty out.

After the seat covers come in, I may look into a ROLA roofrack to add to my factory roof rack.
Just went out and grabbed a K & N air filter for $52.00 and put it in, just so I could say I did something TODAY. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
Bought but not yet installed a new pair of 9005s, have a pair of 9006s waiting too. Mounted up the new Thule 887XT boat loader though! Like it a lot. We ordered a second right away as vendors are raising their shipping rates. Speaking of which, gas lept overnight to 4.269/gal. Couple cents higher at the major stations.

#40 ·
Nothin' big, but I finally mounted some lights on my bull bar today. :thumbsup: They're only 55 watt H-3 lamps. But I figure I can either put the KC 130 watt lamps in or get a HID kit for them. They are not KC, but I had the KC covers left from my TJ. No time to wire them yet. Going away next week so I guess it won't be till after Easter. My Cb antenna came in too. If I get a chance I'll mount that and post a pic later..

Attachments