What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 707 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #10591
JeepinShep
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
Does the drive shaft have the double cardan only on the transfer case end or on both ends?
sorry for tiny pic. Looks like this. DC on one, u-joints on the other



__________________
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #10592
lekmedm
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annandale, NJ
Posts: 42
That pic must sure be tiny. I don't see any pic at all! LOL
__________________
2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Wrangler Silent Armors / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Caroline Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / Activated: DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29 Chrome CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights / Sylvania Silverstars Ultra hi/low & yellow fogs / Optima yellow top
"4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman
lekmedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #10593
Flyboys
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgFL View Post
.
How did you fix the fishing cart to your receiver?
its a receiver hitch and tray that my cart locks into. Fish-N-Mate is the company that makes the cart and the hitch. Its nice stuff all aluminum pricey but worth it IMO. have had it for 3 years now no issues.
__________________
2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 /Bilstein 5100 2" front / Bilstein 5100 rear with 2" RC spacer / 18" Jeep 70th Aniv. 7 spoke wheels 255/70/18 / SC Flashpaq 91octane tune/ Bwoody Sway bar endlinks F&R/ Pioneer Radio with Bluetooth HF Polk speakers/
2009 Yukon Denali XL
Flyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #10594
XK1982
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jefferson Township, Pennsylvania
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
sorry for tiny pic. Looks like this. DC on one, u-joints on the other

Was it difficult getting the Tom Wood's driveshaft specs to pair up with the transfer case output? What were the specs of the driveshaft you ordered? I would love to upgrade mine as well as the CV boot has torn and slung grease all over the place...only a matter of time before it goes now.

Any help would be awesome thanks!
__________________
2006 XK Commander, 4.7L V8, Quadra-Trac II, 6.25" Modified Superlift, Jeepin by Al's front UCA's, Rusty's Adjustable rear LCA's; 35x12.5R17 TOYO Open Country MT's; Method NV305 17x8.5 wheels
XK1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #10595
Budasac
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Posts: 3,153
Had to change my lower ball joint today. Wasn't bad except that the BJ Kit I borrow from the LAP store didn't have all the pieces I needed. It's all good now.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #10596
Budasac
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Posts: 3,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Had to change my lower ball joint today. Wasn't bad except that the BJ Kit I borrow from the LAP store didn't have all the pieces I needed. It's all good now.

(I did take some pics but for some reason I can't post from my phone anymore)
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #10597
lekmedm
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annandale, NJ
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
sorry for tiny pic. Looks like this. DC on one, u-joints on the other

Aaaaa.... I see the pic now. The computer at work must have blocked the source.


A few questions:
  1. So, how do you like this new drive shaft?
  2. How long have you been running it?
  3. How much did it cost?
  4. Very important: do you now have more clearance over the notched crossmember? (I just checked, I thought you had the SuperLift, so this question may not apply.)
  5. How long did you have to wait to get it? I assume this was a custom order.

Thanks for helping. I think a new drive shaft may be in my near future as well, so I'm gathering as much info as possible.
__________________
2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Wrangler Silent Armors / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Caroline Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / Activated: DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29 Chrome CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights / Sylvania Silverstars Ultra hi/low & yellow fogs / Optima yellow top
"4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman
lekmedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #10598
JeepinShep
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
Aaaaa.... I see the pic now. The computer at work must have blocked the source.


A few questions:
  1. So, how do you like this new drive shaft?
  2. How long have you been running it?
  3. How much did it cost?
  4. Very important: do you now have more clearance over the notched crossmember? (I just checked, I thought you had the SuperLift, so this question may not apply.)
  5. How long did you have to wait to get it? I assume this was a custom order.

Thanks for helping. I think a new drive shaft may be in my near future as well, so I'm gathering as much info as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XK1982 View Post
Was it difficult getting the Tom Wood's driveshaft specs to pair up with the transfer case output? What were the specs of the driveshaft you ordered? I would love to upgrade mine as well as the CV boot has torn and slung grease all over the place...only a matter of time before it goes now.

Any help would be awesome thanks!
Jeep's still at the 4x4 shop. They said they were overbooked and it'd take a couple of days. I should have my ride back tomorrow. I'll take photos and do a walk through of everything, including some shots of space over the cross member.. I'll let you know when I get it back if they had any trouble fitting the shaft ..

Tom told me it's supposed to be a direct bolt-on, flange to flange. so hopefully they didn't have any trouble. He was good to work with, and after we got the specs worked out, they had it out the door the day after I ordered it. As I said earlier - he was more expensive than some other options, but hopefully worth the price difference.

I won't post specs and such until I know it's a success. And unless you're driving a CRD, my length measurement won't work for you as our drive shaft is a couple inches shorter than the Hemi's.
__________________
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #10599
LilOmelet
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 257
Found out my top shock bushing was gone, that explains the metal on metal thud I was hearing whenever I hit minor bumps. Had to remove the entire strut assembly to fix it. Pain in the a$$, but glad to have a smooth ride again!
__________________
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #10600
hocke50
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gilberts, IL
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet
Found out my top shock bushing was gone, that explains the metal on metal thud I was hearing whenever I hit minor bumps. Had to remove the entire strut assembly to fix it. Pain in the a$$, but glad to have a smooth ride again!
Is that the "change jingle" we all seem to hear under normal street conditions.
hocke50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #10601
paroxysym
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 3,694
listed my WK for sale on several sites
__________________
2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
OEM+
paroxysym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #10602
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 5,471
Finished the drain, flush, refill on the cooling system.

Put in a backflush kit and got that done yesterday. Ran into something I've never had happen as the refill became a PITA. The t-stat vapor locked and wouldn't cycle the coolant through the system.

Fill, crack, drain, start, drain, crack, fill, restart, drain crack...........................yadayada.......... ......

Topped it off this morning and all appears to be good to go.
__________________
~Mike~

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #10603
lekmedm
Registered User
2007 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annandale, NJ
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
Jeep's still at the 4x4 shop. They said they were overbooked and it'd take a couple of days. I should have my ride back tomorrow. I'll take photos and do a walk through of everything, including some shots of space over the cross member.. I'll let you know when I get it back if they had any trouble fitting the shaft ..

Tom told me it's supposed to be a direct bolt-on, flange to flange. so hopefully they didn't have any trouble. He was good to work with, and after we got the specs worked out, they had it out the door the day after I ordered it. As I said earlier - he was more expensive than some other options, but hopefully worth the price difference.

I won't post specs and such until I know it's a success. And unless you're driving a CRD, my length measurement won't work for you as our drive shaft is a couple inches shorter than the Hemi's.
I must admit, I'm curious! Did you get your ride back?
__________________
2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Wrangler Silent Armors / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Caroline Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / Activated: DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29 Chrome CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights / Sylvania Silverstars Ultra hi/low & yellow fogs / Optima yellow top
"4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman
lekmedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #10604
JeepinShep
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 366
Nope. Not yet. Apparently in one of several moves since I got the kits, a piece fell out and went unnoticed until they got everything out and tried to put things together. So they're working with me on getting a replacement part so they can complete the install.

__________________
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #10605
Whit
Registered User
1950 CJ3A 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Posts: 99
Rubi wheels

I picked up a set of 5 2012 Rubicon wheels for $100! The PO got some 10th anniversary Rubi wheels for his '12... thought I couldn't pass up the deal.

Think I'll powder coat them anthracite color
rubis.jpg  
__________________
1950 Willys CJ3A, all stock.

2010 WK, 3.7l, Rubicon wheels in Anthracite, K&N intake, Hypertech, 2.25" RRO lift, Bilstein 5100, Stillen brakes, 265/70-17 Hankook DynaPro ATM, Cupholder Ring LED's, Expanded Sheet Grill mod
UPCOMING MODS: Fastman TB, cargo LED's
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.