What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 706 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #10576
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysix View Post
Changed the oil in my wife's Grand Cherokee and in my Commander, then washed them. Waiting for the new pcv valves to get here and that will be the next project for both of them.. On a side note, where is the pcv located on the 4.7.. I know where it is on my Hemi.
Here ya go:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/p...17/?highlight=

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #10577
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
took mine to the shop for some work:
4" Superlift
Rusty's Adjustable rear track bar
chromoly upper control arms with uniballs
new double cardan front drive shaft
new lower control arm ball joints
new front diff mounts/isolators

Probably won't have it back until tomorrow, but I'll post up some pics.
Make sure to post lots of pictures! Where'd you get those UCAs and front drive shaft? Is your current front drive shaft trashed now or are you just getting it because the diff is lowered with the Superlift?
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #10578
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Make sure to post lots of pictures! Where'd you get those UCAs and front drive shaft? Is your current front drive shaft trashed now or are you just getting it because the diff is lowered with the Superlift?
The front drive shaft is thrashed. boot is split, joint is dry and it's shaking/vibrating.. Blocked up the jeep on stands and put the transmission in gear at idle.... whir whir THUNK.. whir whir THUNK. as the joint kept kinking up.

Had a couple of options for the double cardan - I went with Tom Woods.. a bit more $$, but hopefully worth it.

UCAs were one of those dozen or so sets made about 4 yrs ago. There aren't many around. I lucked out on these, and had them in storage for over a year waiting for everything else to accumulate.

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #10579
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
The front drive shaft is thrashed. boot is split, joint is dry and it's shaking/vibrating.. Blocked up the jeep on stands and put the transmission in gear at idle.... whir whir THUNK.. whir whir THUNK. as the joint kept kinking up.

Had a couple of options for the double cardan - I went with Tom Woods.. a bit more $$, but hopefully worth it.

UCAs were one of those dozen or so sets made about 4 yrs ago. There aren't many around. I lucked out on these, and had them in storage for over a year waiting for everything else to accumulate.

Those are the same UCAs Omelet has, right? You lucked out on those! Did you ever make progress or get your hidden winch setup with your CRD?
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #10580
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

Yup, those are the same Omelet has (at least until he ups the bar again)

winch bumper ... *sigh* that's on my list..
I sold a bunch of tools/equipment last year (3 layoffs in 15 months suuuuucked) and then relocated 900 miles for a new job. Where I ended up renting for a year has no real shop space, and the work I moved here for has kept me running. I'm woefully behind on getting anywhere with that.. And it's been one of the wetter years on record - almost every weekend.. so what little time I did have - I didn't want to be laying in a mud puddle.

Next after the superlift are the rock sliders... But I have some work to do with those before I can install them. the gap they're supposed to have to slide over the pinch weld is all of about 5mm on 3 of the 6 brackets, which is way too narrow to fit.. Of course I didn't find that out until AFTER I had them bedlined and ready to go.. so that finish is going to get all farked up when I get out the 8 lb sledge and convince them to spread out a bit.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #10581
Flyboys
2006 WK 

hit the beach for some surf fishing today. nothing but small king fish and small blues. couple of pictures of the jeep in the sand.
beach4.jpeg

beach3.jpeg

beach2.jpeg

beach.jpeg

2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 /Bilstein 5100 2" front / Bilstein 5100 rear with 2" RC spacer / 18" Jeep 70th Aniv. 7 spoke wheels 255/70/18 / SC Flashpaq 91octane tune/ Bwoody Sway bar endlinks F&R/ Pioneer Radio with Bluetooth HF Polk speakers/
2009 Yukon Denali XL
Flyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #10582
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Yup, those are the same Omelet has (at least until he ups the bar again)

winch bumper ... *sigh* that's on my list..
I sold a bunch of tools/equipment last year (3 layoffs in 15 months suuuuucked) and then relocated 900 miles for a new job. Where I ended up renting for a year has no real shop space, and the work I moved here for has kept me running. I'm woefully behind on getting anywhere with that.. And it's been one of the wetter years on record - almost every weekend.. so what little time I did have - I didn't want to be laying in a mud puddle.

Next after the superlift are the rock sliders... But I have some work to do with those before I can install them. the gap they're supposed to have to slide over the pinch weld is all of about 5mm on 3 of the 6 brackets, which is way too narrow to fit.. Of course I didn't find that out until AFTER I had them bedlined and ready to go.. so that finish is going to get all farked up when I get out the 8 lb sledge and convince them to spread out a bit.
Ah I see well I hope you get some time to wrench soon! If you ever get the chance, I think a lot of us would like to see a build thread someday
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #10583
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboys View Post
hit the beach for some surf fishing today. nothing but small king fish and small blues. couple of pictures of the jeep in the sand.
Nice!
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #10584
jinsoku20

The wife hit a pole tonight. Any one have a driver's headlight fender and a front bumper laying around the want to sell. Prefer white.
jinsoku20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #10585
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboys
Cool trailer
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #10586
Whit

1950 CJ3A 

Hit 54,000 miles... Celebrated by installing my new Rugged Ridge flour liners.

2010 WK, 3.7l, Rubicon wheels in Anthracite, K&N intake, Hypertech, 2.25" RRO lift, Bilstein 5100, Stillen brakes, 265/70-17 Hankook DynaPro ATM, Cupholder Ring LED's, Expanded Sheet Grill mod
UPCOMING MODS: Fastman TB, cargo LED's
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #10587
tylert6785

I recently put some Rugged Ridge floor liners in mine as well, I love them and get a lot of compliments too!
tylert6785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #10588
Clirry
2007 WK 

Rigged the wires and able to use wifi remote to control the led cup holder lights. Yes, my wifey- so happy now.

Tyler- I gotta order those rugged ridge mats. fully rubber?
Silver Club #96, LED cup holders, Tinted taillights, Plastidipped wheels, emblems, Customized grille... and more to come.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f34/2005-07-wk-grand-cherokee-silver-grille-2129377/
Clirry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #10589
kdawgFL
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboys
How did you fix the fishing cart to your receiver?
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #10590
lekmedm
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:

Does the drive shaft have the double cardan only on the transfer case end or on both ends?
2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Wrangler Silent Armors / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Caroline Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / Activated: DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29 Chrome CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights / Sylvania Silverstars Ultra hi/low & yellow fogs / Optima yellow top
"4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman
lekmedm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.