What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 696 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 09-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #10426
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Finally! Got my head out of my a$$ and got around to bed lining my sliders and rockers. I've been putting off the task because I wanted to do them both at the same time and thought the rockers were going to be more work than they actually were. All in all very productive day. Now I can't wait to actually install them (hopefully on Sunday)!

image-3293656198.jpg

image-3964075418.jpg

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #10427
TayHD
2006 WK 

Today, I opened my passenger door to find an inch or spoof water in the foot-well. Heavy rain overnight. Urgent investigation required as a storm is heading our way !

FOr future reference - a small leaf was blocking the drain hole in the electric sunroof surround. The surround filled up and flooded the vent(?) hole directly above it, which seemingly is connected to the door frame handle internationally.

Who knew .... such a simple thing could create such a soppy mess and due to a small design error that was triggered by Autumn !!

Off to the garden centre to buy water absorbing granules.
TayHD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #10428
DRCracker
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Finally! Got my head out of my a$$ and got around to bed lining my sliders and rockers. I've been putting off the task because I wanted to do them both at the same time and thought the rockers were going to be more work than they actually were. All in all very productive day. Now I can't wait to actually install them (hopefully on Sunday)!
Nice job!

I covered the rectangular holes with some tread tape that you put on steps for traction.
It blends well with the bedliner paint and can be removed easily to reinstall the plastic rocker covers.

Careful with those nutcerts.

TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #10429
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayHD
Today, I opened my passenger door to find an inch or spoof water in the foot-well. Heavy rain overnight. Urgent investigation required as a storm is heading our way !

FOr future reference - a small leaf was blocking the drain hole in the electric sunroof surround. The surround filled up and flooded the vent(?) hole directly above it, which seemingly is connected to the door frame handle internationally.

Who knew .... such a simple thing could create such a soppy mess and due to a small design error that was triggered by Autumn !!

Off to the garden centre to buy water absorbing granules.
I guess I gotta look into this, mine is doing the same thing.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #10430
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCracker

Nice job!

I covered the rectangular holes with some tread tape that you put on steps for traction.
It blends well with the bedliner paint and can be removed easily to reinstall the plastic rocker covers.

TC
Cool, thanks for the tip!
Unread 09-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #10431
DRCracker
2006 WK 

Installed Cabin Air Filter Kit on 2006 WK;

here's the DIY.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/c.../#post16000057

TC
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #10432
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Installed Cabin Air Filter Kit on 2006 WK;

here's the DIY.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/c.../#post16000057

TC
Did the same one last spring. Sure makes a huge difference!
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #10433
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Change the oil.

Change the spark plugs after 90K miles, all 16 of them. Did the left side first, used the plug socket with a short extension and a wobble socket not because I needed the wobble but because it made the right length. Done and running great.
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #10434
TayHD
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

Cool, thanks for the tip!
Day 2 - still leaking and I think the issue is that the drain isn't flowing as it should. I managed to get a wire down about 18 inches to clear and blockages but I think it may be an air bubble is created !
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #10435
TayHD
2006 WK 

Quote:

Nice job!

TC
Day 2 - still leaking and I think the issue is that the drain isn't flowing as it should. I managed to get a wire down about 18 inches to clear and blockages but I think it may be an air bubble is created !

If I tape it, won't the reservoir of what're start to drain into the can over the window surround !?!?

What's a nut err ??
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #10436
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayHD

If I tape it, won't the reservoir of what're start to drain into the can over the window surround !?!?

What's a nut err ??
I believe he was replying to my post about my rockers and sliders.
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #10437
modernblueWK

Extended my rear diff breather. 6' of hose and a hose clamp.

I also plast-dipped my rims.

Put the old cap on the new hose. Ziptied into the right rear tailight housing.

Here is the old hose. It only runs up to the rear floor level. Seems like a bad spot to me.

Pretty simple project with more peace of mind off road.

Plasti dip prep. I used copy paper and blue tape.

I did 3 coats 2 hours apart. It dries really fast and smooth. Great stuff.

Turned out good!

Black trim will be plast-dipped next. Maybe next days off. The manning brothers are playing today.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #10438
Mainsail
2005 WK 

After having changed my spark plugs, I remembered the plugs I pulled out of by previous car, a Crown Vic.

Here are the pictures. This is the worst of the plugs, but the other seven were almost as bad. The weird part is that the car ran fantastic with them!

Unread 09-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #10439
DRCracker
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayHD View Post

What's a nut err ??
Sorry, my response was in reference to LilOmelet's sliders note showing the holes in his rocker area.

It got mixed up with your post about the sunroof.

I would think that pushing a wire through your sunroof drains would have cleared them and stopped your leaking.

TC
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #10440
Clirry
2014 WK 

Installed LED cupholders, expanded metal grille, painted wheels, painted emblems, tinted taillights and 3rd rear brake last weekend. Gonna do oil change today since i dont see any old oil change records from PO.

Yep my temporary redneck hood strut... (new one is coming out in mail)

Clirry is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.