What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 694 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #10396
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK View Post
Drove it to work today. Goes to the dealership tonight to go under the knife tomorrow.
Under the knife for?...................

Xcase recall?

BTW - check your inbox - thanks.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #10397
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Dropped it off at 9am for the lift install...if all goes smooth I should have it back by 4.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #10398
JeepCK
2009 WK 

Plasti-Dipped My Rims

This weekend I went from this.....

and this...

to....

this...

and this..

Plasti-Dipping is super easy to do and it looks really really good. Really makes a huge difference. Conveniently, 1 can is enough for 3 wheels. lol. So now I have some left over. Now the Jeep just needs a bath!!!

As many people have posted on the board, take the wheels off, clean them real good, take up the stuff that's not getting painted, spray, let dry, touch up and put them back on!!!

Note - Do NOT spray paint the small area where the lug nuts touch the rim. If you, when you put the rims back on, it will peel the paint back.

Almost all blacked out. Only 1 more piece of color that I have to take care of (on the headlights).
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights - White Rock Lights| Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit --
JeepCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #10399
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCK

and this...

to....

this...

and this..

Plasti-Dipping is super easy to do and it looks really really good. Really makes a huge difference. Conveniently, 1 can is enough for 3 wheels. lol. So now I have some left over. Now the Jeep just needs a bath!!!

As many people have posted on the board, take the wheels off, clean them real good, take up the stuff that's not getting painted, spray, let dry, touch up and put them back on!!!

Note - Do NOT spray paint the small area where the lug nuts touch the rim. If you, when you put the rims back on, it will peel the paint back.

Almost all blacked out. Only 1 more piece of color that I have to take care of (on the headlights).
Looks really good! What brush guard is that? Any front pics?
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #10400
JRLT
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Looks really good! What brush guard is that? Any front pics?
Says Westin Brush Guard in his sig.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #10401
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT

I had one of those on my xj. They were pretty neat.
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #10402
kdawgFL
2005 WK 

Pulled up next to a 5-6ft gator the other night ridin back roads
image-3285790050.jpg   image-3132976396.jpg  
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #10403
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgFL View Post
Pulled up next to a 5-6ft gator the other night ridin back roads
...and that's why I don't live in Florida. Hahaha
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #10404
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT

I'm on mobile version at the moment.....sigs don't show up
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #10405
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post

I'm on mobile version at the moment.....sigs don't show up
Ya I'm in the same boat, I wonder if they plan to change that
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #10406
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch

Ya I'm in the same boat, I wonder if they plan to change that
Most likely not
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #10407
kdawgFL
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJeep

...and that's why I don't live in Florida. Hahaha
Your kidding I was about to go gatorboys and make him a pet but I was on my way to the raw bar with my girl to meet friends for dinner.
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #10408
BennyOC
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCK

and this...

to....

this...

and this..

Real nice job man! Looks great! Mines getting there too, i was really happy with the plastidip too! now just haven't got the money to get some smoked headlights
BennyOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #10409
JeepCK
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyOC View Post
Real nice job man! Looks great! Mines getting there too, i was really happy with the plastidip too! now just haven't got the money to get some smoked headlights
Thanks guys. Yeah, its a Westin Brush Guard. I like it, looks really good.

As far as the headlights go, now that I did the wheels, the orange headlight reflector really stands out as it is the only bit of color left on the Jeep (as you can see by the first pic). I think I am going to tint the reflector just like I did the taillights, but haven't exactly decided on what to do yet.

Here's some pictures that show the Brush Guard. (pics were before I plasti-dipped the rims).

The brush guard looks real nice, and it has pre-drilled holes for off-road lights, but if I got stuck in the sand, it wouldn't work well as a recovery point.

I really want to get a Matrix, but I got this brush guard off my girlfriend's co-worker who was selling his jeep, for a good price. I can also take the headlight guards off, too.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights - White Rock Lights| Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit --
JeepCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #10410
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

I updated my LED rings... I know I try to be humble when it comes to my own work, but I seriously just played with these things for the last 15 minutes, just cycling through colors. It's hypnotic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.