Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#2,276 ·
You guys doing the liner on the bottom must have been reading my mind. I did this last week when I was bored.

#2,278 ·
Today the WK got some love! I vacuumed and wiped the interior. I have been off road a few times since the last thorough cleaning so it was well over due.

I also put a new Band-Aid on! I took the last one off when I installed my new headlamps so it was time to reaply one :D

Lastly I did some scouting and measuring to finish up another one of my unfinished projects this week.

#2,279 ·
^HOly Bejesus at the pinstripes!!!!!!:D

#2,281 ·
One can of seafoam in my full gas tank and then half each in the vac line and crank case. After that got done, I switched the interior lights over to led.

#2,282 ·
Had to happen eventually, broke the LH CV joint at Ripley today :nono: Limped her home in Low range at 45kph :laugh:.

Now to see if those SRT8 1000hp CVS will fit mine .......:2thumbsup:

Dave

Will have a vid soon, and you can see the piddling little hill that did it :teehee:

#2,284 ·
http://paramountperformanceproducts.com/srt8-jeep-axles-and-hubs/

But come with new hubs as well.

These ones in the Jeep now are the original ones too, (100km old) so I cant complain.

Have to wait and see what prices i can get on factory ones here before i look at these. Know the stealership its prices wont be cheap.

Dave

#2,286 ·
Heres the damage. You can see the split bearing collar in the outer end on the right.

#2,288 ·
I finally installed all my 4xG armor. Myself and 3 buddies were able to do the front, rear, belly (no pictures) and sides in about 3.5 hours. (It was great to have access to a lift and air tools). There were a couple of surprises along the way, missing bolts or incorrect bolts in the packages. For the side rails there were 12 screws missing, but 12 rivets supplied.....

(Thankfully their product is awesome, b/c the service and other business aspects are not.)

I'm really happy the way it all turned out. Here are some bad pictures taken with my phone.

Front Guard:

Side:

Rear and Diff guard:

While working on the Jeep we noticed a bunch of grease on the driver side (inside) tire. We were working on a lift so it was easy to get under there, but a few minutes we were able to located a small tear in the CV boot. :mad:

Not the best picture...

I did some brief searching, is it worth only replacing the boot (maybe $30-40 part) or should I replace the whole shaft? The Jeep only has 54K miles....
How hard is it to replace just the boot??

I wish I didnt just order the Superchip flaspaq, my Jeep budget is just about empty...

#2,290 ·
While working on the Jeep we noticed a bunch of grease on the driver side (inside) tire. We were working on a lift so it was easy to get under there, but a few minutes we were able to located a small tear in the CV boot. :mad:

I did some brief searching, is it worth only replacing the boot (maybe $30-40 part) or should I replace the whole shaft? The Jeep only has 54K miles....
How hard is it to replace just the boot??
I damaged an outer boot while building my lift. I replaced the boot only for $18 from Napa. I didn't see the point in paying extra for parts I didnt need yet and I dont mind the labor involved since I did it myself. It was pretty easy, but I've done hundreds of em before.

#2,289 ·
Id replace the whole shaft. when you account for replacing every single part as it breaks, and the time it takes to replace those, its much more cost effective to just buy a new one, or reman for less than $100 that usually come with a warranty. just my $.02

#2,292 ·
Nothing crazy - Pics below of some stuff I did over the holidays.

D-ring Isolaters equipped up front - Also removed my aftermarket headlight assembly's and put int he OEM.

I had reverse lights at one time mounted just below the bumper. Among all the times I smacked these on rocks and dragged them on mud they never broke but I had to remove those to install my 4xG RG2. I bought some new ones and installed those on the cargo rack. Wires are all nice and protected and tied fastened to the frame out of the way of damage from whatever I put on top.

I like'd the side lights a buddy had on his rig so I followed suit.

#2,299 ·
Yeah I took special notice of the interior. I conditioned the leather, cleaned the windows, the sunroof, etc. vacuumed the floor, polished the trims, cleaned the steering wheel back to... it's original color :(. Also removed mud from 3 separate wheeling events that was STILL on my door, in the floor... etc. Some of that mud dates to my first trip to Uwharrie.