What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 684 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #10246
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quick question... I have a 2005 WK with an alpine aftermarket head unit... Anyone know what part I need to get my steering wheel controls back?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #10247
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

I was contemplating taking it off, I guess it was destined to come off. For those of you who cant tell what that is, it's my rear sway bar that snapped. I take my wk off road all the time on some pretty flexy trails (I call it 3 wheeling) I took off my front one a while ago. I don't really plan on replacing it

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
image-547813678.jpg

| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #10248
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET
I was contemplating taking it off, I guess it was destined to come off. For those of you who cant tell what that is, it's my rear sway bar that snapped. I take my wk off road all the time on some pretty flexy trails (I call it 3 wheeling) I took off my front one a while ago. I don't really plan on replacing it

Dang that's crazy! First time I've ever seen one snap like that.
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #10249
WieSeL

How does it corner with the rear sway off? Took my front off and doesn't roll too much...

Btw, I painted my rear step pad with some bedliner today. Much better than the faded black. Next will be the side skirts
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #10250
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WieSeL
How does it corner with the rear sway off? Took my front off and doesn't roll too much...

Btw, I painted my rear step pad with some bedliner today. Much better than the faded black. Next will be the side skirts
The rear swaybar being off doesn't really change much in regular driving I haven't noticed any difference. It does however flex a little more

| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #10251
mtm929

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet
Quick question... I have a 2005 WK with an alpine aftermarket head unit... Anyone know what part I need to get my steering wheel controls back?
PM me, I may be able to help u out
mtm929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #10252
Wilbready
2005 WK 

image-3887080084.jpg

Did some site seeing in the mountains. Found my long lost goat!
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #10253
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Ever since I moved to boulder Colorado (from Longmont) I see lifted WKs every day. I saw a black one with a super lift, a dark green one with OME lift and a bumper guard (not 4x or westin) A silver one 2" lift and HID headlights. And a black one 2" lift. I love it here!!

Unread 08-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #10254
kllshadow
2006 WK 

Installed my new volant intake (damn that filter is huge) and should be picking up a set of 5 moabs today for $150
Black WK Club Member #61
kllshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #10255
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET View Post
Ever since I moved to boulder Colorado (from Longmont) I see lifted WKs every day. I saw a black one with a super lift, a dark green one with OME lift and a bumper guard (not 4x or westin) A silver one 2" lift and HID headlights. And a black one 2" lift. I love it here!!

A few more years....I'll see you there.
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #10256
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Did the passenger side pinch weld. Couldn't get it completely flat against the body, but gained clearance. Did it with a dremel, hammer and rustoleum...oh and did it with the tire still on Took more time and effort, but I'm too lazy to jack it up and remove the tire. Going to do the drivers side soon and then patch up the plastic with some spackle, sand it, and paint it black to match the plastic fender liner.

Also scheduled my lift appointment for next week. FINALLY.

Build Thread
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #10257
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm929

PM me, I may be able to help u out
I got it figured out, thank you.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #10258
Eastwk
2007 WK 

Well today was a big day for my wife's wk she has the 3.7 and I have the 4.7. I was able the get an airaid cold air intake and hyper tech programmer form mattydips big shout their thanks bud. So far so good little side note join this forum a month ago and wow. Got my wife's jeep 2 months ago drove tithe weekend and went and traded my Yukon in for one feel in love with jeeps.
Eastwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #10259
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Welcome to poverty lol. Just Empty Every Pocket! Times 2 lol
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #10260
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Well,
Not exactly today. But the past few days (just this past week), I took care of a few mods I figured I would post now.

I got my Superchip vivid linq, my bwoody 4" intake, and I had my muffler replaced with a flowmaster super44, my resonator removed and a tip welded on.

Here is the new tip. I didn't get charged for the tip, the place gave it to me for free with the rest of the work. I didn't have a selection to chose from only two tips. But I think it looks nice. And the new muffler / reso delete sounds great

And the 4" Bwoody Short Ram intake, with the custom "e-blue" powder coat

I went with the "velocity plus" short ram version of the bwoody intake, because its short. The regular 4" intake is long and tucks way down into the wheel well / grill area, which would be nice for performance, but not offroad/wet conditions.

So again, I went with the short one to reduce the possibility of water getting sucked in. But I still need to get a dry flow cover, because the hole at the wheel well is right below the filter, I worry that a puddle could send water straight up the wheel well to the filter.

It performs great! The intake is also very loud, which is what I personally wanted. The superchip paired with the intake, it drives like a totally different vehicle. It feels much quicker now, and sounds amazing. Highly recommend it

EDIT:
Also please excuse my dirty engine compartment. I wash my jeep all the time and always forget to try and clean up my engine compartment.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.