What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 681 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #10201
Anon155
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
I got my Superchips Vivd Linq in, and installed that today. It seems to be running really nice. Much quicker on the throttle now.

However, I bought the Advanced Transmission Tuning app, and it started installing to my tuner, then it still showed that it was installing 2 hours later. So I unplugged the tuner and plugged it back in, and now it wants me to re-buy the ATT app that cost $40. Ugh

Also got my exhaust done today, had my muffler swapped out with a Flowmaster Super 44, had my resonator cut off, and then a tip welded on. I think it sounds great!

Now I just have to wait for my BWoody air intake to come in the mail
Nice! Sounds like you have made some excellent progress. Glad you ended up liking the super 44's, I love mine! I would call the support line about the tuner app. I lost my connection when I was trying to download the tuner app from superchips. I was able to resolve it pretty quick once I showed that I did pay for it.

05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #10202
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
Nice! Sounds like you have made some excellent progress. Glad you ended up liking the super 44's, I love mine! I would call the support line about the tuner app. I lost my connection when I was trying to download the tuner app from superchips. I was able to resolve it pretty quick once I showed that I did pay for it.
Well they are only open Mon-Fri.... So looks like ill have to wait.

Im also worried that I won't be able to prove to them that I bought it. I never got the confirmation email or receipt email or anything for it. I did however get charged and it showed up on my bank account. But i don't know how I would prove that to them.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #10203
Anon155
2005 WK 

You can get a print out of your last couple withdraws from the bank. It will show where the money was sent and have the date on it. That should be all the proof they would need since you didn't get the confirmation email. It could be that the email hasn't been sent either. Check your spam folder.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #10204
AA-Train
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet
Also finally installed my LED rings and love them... Thanks Jeepcore! Sorry, the pic isn't the greatest.
Wait. Is that badge separate or attached to the rings? That looks real clean!

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Muffler Delete; Homemade Intake (w/ Spectre P4 & 4" Tubing)
AA-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #10205
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
You can get a print out of your last couple withdraws from the bank. It will show where the money was sent and have the date on it. That should be all the proof they would need since you didn't get the confirmation email. It could be that the email hasn't been sent either. Check your spam folder.

Nice, ill probably have to do that and hope they accept it. Its bad enough you pay that much for a tuner, then you have to pay another $40 for the app. Im def not paying for it twice. lol

and........ I took the jeep for the first highway ride with the new exhaust set up. I like it, its not nearly as loud as I thought. i can't hear the drone at all with the windows down, with them up I hear it a little, but not as much as I expected.

But then about 2 minutes from home my dash beeped at me and says "Service TPM System" and my left front and right rear tire pressures just show --

I thought maybe it was the tuner, so I returned the vehicle to stock tune and tried to clear the codes, but it still keeps coming back and it won't show a reading on those two tires still.
What gives?
I just washed it, maybe the sensors just got wet and need drying? I have never had this happened before, but I really don't want to buy two new tpm sensors, I just blew all my money on these upgrades. lol
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #10206
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Train View Post

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
Ya, what he said. That looks great! Is that just a shaved down trail rated badge?
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #10207
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Pulled the plasti-dip off my spare and redid it. I must have sprayed it from too far away the first time because it was very textured/gritty. Man, that stuff is tough to get off! I think it was tougher than it should have been because it wasn't applied correctly. It took about an hour to get it all off with the help of my girlfriend and a lot of rubbing alcohol. The new coats of plasti-dip are super smooth now.
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #10208
SCD23x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
I was going to remove each wheel then decided to try the technique used on dipyoucar.com's youtube channel... mask off the brakes and spray! Sounds too easy... and it actually was. Here's the link...
Is there any concern about spraying it on the actual tire?
SCD23x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #10209
Zlartibartfast

2007 WK 

Started her on a reduced chrome diet.....
2013-08-24_19-35-53_779-1.jpg

2013-08-24_19-34-02_364-1.jpg

Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 02:16 AM   #10210
kllshadow
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD23x View Post

Is there any concern about spraying it on the actual tire?
That's one of the best parts of plasti dip you just peel the overspray off no need to mask the tires.
06 WK Limited--5.7 Hemi--QDI--Ebay Catch can--RC 2" lift--265/70/17 Cooper STT--Expanded Sheet Grill--Magnaflow muffler--Volant CAI--1.5" Spidertrax--Monroe LLs--4x Guard Front Skid--Superchips Tuned--
kllshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #10211
Clirry
2007 WK 

^^^ yeah, if gives enough coats of plasti dip. If paint thin, it would be not fun to peel off at all.
Clirry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #10212
ecollins7
2006 WK 

I was having the service 4 wheel drive problem after I got the recall done so yesterday I took it back to the dealership and they admitted to screwing up and not following the recall properly. Everything works now.

If anyone else is having this issue, have then redo the recall and follow it word for word.
ecollins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #10213
LilOmelet

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Train

Šo| | | | | | |oŠ
It's the badge that comes on the front fenders... I just took mine off and put it in the cup holder
The Punisher - 05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII - Volant CAI - 2" Rough Country - Bilstein Struts - 265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers - ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid - Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid - Mopar (Borla) Exhaust
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #10214
LilOmelet

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch

Ya, what he said. That looks great! Is that just a shaved down trail rated badge?
Yup, when I did my rebadge I relocated it
The Punisher - 05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII - Volant CAI - 2" Rough Country - Bilstein Struts - 265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers - ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid - Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid - Mopar (Borla) Exhaust
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #10215
flexyxj
2009 XK Commander 

After letting my XK sit in the garage for a couple of months,I fired it up and took the wife out last night and got 2mi down the road and got a code for the traction control and ABS. Hmmm. The battery did go dead a week or so ago. I got 1-ABS:C101F code which is the right front speed/ABS sensor and of course,I couldn't find anyone in town with just the sensor. Everyone told me I had to replace the whole unit bearing assembly (240$). I did some surfing and it seems to be a common problem so I changed it. Problem solved!
flexyxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.