What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 67 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #991
sebastien
2006 WK 

today (yesterday) I brought my jeep to a mudhole and got stuck for 6 hours.

sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #992
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
today (yesterday) I brought my jeep to a mudhole and got stuck for 6 hours.
Nice! Must of been a good mud hole.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #993
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

LOL did u learn ur lesson?

thats why i havent gone to mud holes yet, first i got no where to get towed from, second i just dont wanna be stuck lol

havent done anything today, but yesterday i washed her and thru a glaze on
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #994
84foxgt
2007 WK 

replaced the spark plugs. pretty exciting stuff. were the originals with 56k on them. I've only owned her for about 5 months.
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #995
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Replaced the Air filter on her today. She's happy and breathing again, lol.
Unread 08-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #996
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I finished my new badge and stuck it on!

More in the picture thread...

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #997
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

^ nice!
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #998
BobbyB_WK08
2008 WK 

Pulled our 24' Chris craft out of the water.... Except it was in the back yard at my grandparents and still on trailer. Thank you Irene .. Water was up a little over the doors of my truck.. Pretty sure the boat would of been floating if we left it any longer. I'm kinda mad I didn't get a video of it.
BobbyB_WK08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #999
third man

Cut the resonator off...used the stock turn down tip from my old WJ, since it was just laying around.
third man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #1000
Brando5185
2006 WK 

How does it sound?
Brando5185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:16 AM   #1001
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Finally got half a day to work on the electrics.

Fitted the dual optimas properly. (removed factory tray, fabricate new alloy tray and hold down)

Fitted the new ARB Dual head compressor in the rear - had to put a vent in the cover for the cooling fan to exhaust to.

Added the in cab winch controls to the switch panel above the roof console and wired in.

Added the rear work lights and interior LED lights in the cargo area with a switch!

Then off to the Jeep Appreciation Day to get it all muddy!

I need a lie down

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #1002
multihulls
2006 XK Commander 

New off road rear bumper

Here's my prototype of a new off road rear bumper I’m working on. I'm making it so it does drag on the ground on big steep ramps etc. It's approx. 100mm (4") higher.
My original rear Bumper has been destroyed on the last two off road adventures.
My new bar will be made in high strength; light weight foam sandwich fibreglass. This mean it will be heaps stronger than the OEM and only weighing approx. 10kg. A steel bar is about 35kg. That's too much to hang off the back of a car when seriously off roading. This Bar is not made to fit a rear tyre carrier but this can be added if required using metal brackets.
What are your thoughts on the shape? Any feedback is welcome before I progress with making the real thing.
rear-bumper-proto-1.jpg   rear-bumper-proto-2.jpg  
multihulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #1003
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Valpacer - Great minds think alike my friend! I was thinking of the same thing for a dual battery setup. I am happy to see it works out so well. What is going on with your windshield washer fluid bottle though?

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #1004
third man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando5185
How does it sound?
Very slight increase in sound...and I mean very. More interesting is that there seems to be a small improvement in throttle response, and a small gain in mpg. I've read about these results from others, but had my doubts. Still hard to believe. I'll hand calculate a couple tanks to determine if it's a possible real gain, or just a fluke.
third man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #1005
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Valpacer - Great minds think alike my friend! I was thinking of the same thing for a dual battery setup. I am happy to see it works out so well. What is going on with your windshield washer fluid bottle though?
Thanks Omelet! Its a bit of a stuff around, I cut up the factory bracket for the relay and fuse boxes multiple times and then ended up making one out of alloy. They have to move back about 40mm and rotate a little to get under the bonnet. Im also looking at trimming the inner guard to give some more room for cabling on that side.

The grill isnt clipped in in the pic yet

I actually have another 2 batteries in the drawers in the rear too (2 x 55Ah jobs) and im waiting for a 200A controller to put in the front with the optimas and move the 100A redarc controller back to the rear for the other 2 batteries.

The main reason for going to the optimas was for winching, as the rear batteries are straight deep cycle and dont like heavy loads being pulled from them.

Tested the optimas out on straight line single pull up a steep slope and absolutley no drop in performance now!

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.