What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 666 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #9976
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
I'm baffled by it. It was on when I bought the jeep (last payment going out this month too btw) and I assumed it was standard and the rest of you-all had removed it. Looking around I haven't seen a single other WK with it. It's held on with what looks like factory style plastic rivets.

One other thing that was on the jeep when I got it was a red pinstripe to match the red paint on the brake calipers. That peeled right off.

If you want to hurt my feelings, just accuse me of adding chrome to one of my vehicles.
Rivets? Wow, that is even more puzzling. If it was something that was retail, I'd have to assume it might have been on the market for a very short time, since you seem the have the only set. If it's custom, well, they did a great job making it look factory.

Although I'm normally not a fan of chrome, I have to admit it looks pretty good on yours.

Unread 08-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #9977
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Brought her in to the mechanic to find out why she is acting up when turning. Hoping its just dirty t-case fluid or diff fluid!
Unread 08-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #9978
ecollins7
2006 WK 

im going in to get my recall taken care of this weekend. should i take off my superchips tune before i go to get it done?
ecollins7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #9979
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecollins7 View Post
im going in to get my recall taken care of this weekend. should i take off my superchips tune before i go to get it done?
I would from what I've read if they flash your system it will delete your tune and you'll have to get in touch with superchips . Easier to just take it off.
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #9980
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

Got my recall done, ten minutes, completely painless.

Make an appointment, they said I was the first one in town to get it done in a town full of WK and XK drivers.

Would have taken an hour for them to get the patch and everything in place if I hadn't given them a days lead time, according to the tech.

Keep in mind that it's a small Jeep-Dodge-Chrysler-Ford (yes, Ford) dealer in a very small town in northern Michigan.

Oh, and they threw in new wiper blades.

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #9981
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdlensch

I would from what I've read if they flash your system it will delete your tune and you'll have to get in touch with superchips . Easier to just take it off.
Definitely otherwise you'll be locked out and have to pay $100

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #9982
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

Probably gonna have to tear my transfer case apart and rebuild, leaking like a MF
Unread 08-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #9983
GermantownJeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ditched the OEM GY Forteras for some 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Very happy with them so far.
img_0745-2.jpg   img_0746-2.jpg   img_0747-2.jpg   img_0748-2.jpg  
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #9984
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin
Brought her in to the mechanic to find out why she is acting up when turning. Hoping its just dirty t-case fluid or diff fluid!
What's the problem when turning? Mine acts up when turning too, but only occasionally. When I try to make a really sharp turn it acts like I am grinding something, but my wheel wells are clear, so I don't know... Is this what is happening for you?
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #9985
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Just ordered the Aspen Creek Boulder grill! I have been wanting this for quite some time.
Also purchased my Steel Armadillo sliders, can't wait to get those bad boys on!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #9986
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

What's the problem when turning? Mine acts up when turning too, but only occasionally. When I try to make a really sharp turn it acts like I am grinding something, but my wheel wells are clear, so I don't know... Is this what is happening for you?
If you have QDII that's the ELSD kicking in most likely

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #9987
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04

If you have QDII that's the ELSD kicking in most likely
It's only at full turn at very low speeds... Like a parking lot.
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #9988
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Mine makes a slight grinding sound when going up a drive way turning sharp. I noticed the bottom flange of the bilsteins bent a little, I think its rubbing the cv axle
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #9989
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet

It's only at full turn at very low speeds... Like a parking lot.
It turns out I had a bad CV axle and solenoid in the front diff. Whenever I would go to turn it would bind up and you could hear a popping sound coming but would go away after getting warm
Unread 08-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #9990
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin

It turns out I had a bad CV axle and solenoid in the front diff. Whenever I would go to turn it would bind up and you could hear a popping sound coming but would go away after getting warm
How much did that run u... Sounds very similar to mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.