Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#2,127 ·
I hate getting off every day and only having 10 minuets of sunlight, Ill try and get a better picture tomorrow with a better camera.

I bought the lights I have on the back with intentions to put them on the front guard but when I held one up on the back I liked how they looked so I ended up just leaving them. I already drilled holes for them on the guard so I went digging in some boxes of car junk and found a set of slim lights I used as back up lights under my truck. I mounted them on the front and they ended up not looking to bad so I think ill wire them up and keep them.

#2,128 ·
What tail light guards do you have on the back there? I'm going to do some searching, but do you have any info on your homemade front guard?

As for me today, I took off the air dam in the front. So far it's the only exterior modification but it really changes the front end from looking like a minivan to having an actual approach angle. I'm excited that it's just one less thing that'll restrict me while playing in the snow!

#2,129 ·
Learned that the traction control sounds like death. (First 1" of snowfall came way late this year.) I've read all over to long-press the ESP button to turn it off but mine doesn't chime or display anything. It's either on or on the single push setting. Just pushing it once does eliminate the sound unless I really try to get them spinning.

#2,135 ·
That could be. When I push it it says "Traction System Disabled." I don't know if I heard it at all with it disabled, I was in and out of the car a few times so I might have forgotten to turn it back off. I also wasn't driving far so I didn't want to push it without being warmed up. As we get more snow I'm sure I'll know for sure.

#2,136 ·
Went offroading for the last time this year with a couple of cool dudes!!!!!

AJ

Sal

#2,151 ·
wow omelet, those look amazing ... I've been keeping up with a few of the things you did and they're awesome ..... if only i had the confidence you do lol

those are going to look sick when your done
Thanks Man! I have been sitting on these for a month now and it has been killing me! I wanted to wait until I was on leave so I wouldn't rush the project.

Body color right?? I wanna do this for my 05 lights. Are you doing an 08 conversion nate??
Yep! Color matching them Khaki. I am not doing a complete conversion, just the lights!

Here is how it looks finished, well with paint at least :D

#2,148 ·
Did a full body damage assessment from wheeling at Uwharrie on Saturday - everything looked good and is running well. Was running pretty low on power steering fluid so I topped that off. Installed some new reverse lights, and some side lights on the cargo rack (no more using my reverse lights as sliders) - for those who remember where my reverse lights used to be. Driver side mounting bracket got a little loose on my 4xG RG2 - so I tightened that. I'll toss a couple pics up of the lights tomorrow morning.

#2,149 ·
Budasac said:
Looks good, but you should paint the caliper first. Mine are about 4 years old in the pic. That was after cleaning them up. I'm debating reversing the colors and painting the caliper black with red lettering. Good look though.
I know, I was planning on it. How you'd paint the letters and caliper different?

#2,155 ·
Drove a 2010 s limited on Saturday. Probably the sweetest car I have ever been in. Those seats just wrap around you. Its like sitting in your living room chair! Words can not describe the beauty of that jeep. 30 gs for it though, only 16000 miles on it!

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum