What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 640 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #9586
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Don't some of the WK's have transmission coolers? I think mine does?

jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #9587
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

So I've never had any leaks anywhere or any drips in the driveway. When I picked my jeep up from the dealership today and they showed me where it was leaking it was soaked with a red fluid. When I got back home it was dripping out! Did the the dealership mess with something to make it look leak so it wouldn't be covered under my warranty?

I took it to my local shop right after and they said the radiator cools the transmission not the ac condenser so whether that's leaking or not I shouldn't have been 3 quarts low of transmission fluid.
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #9588
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

That's why I don't deal with stealerships
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #9589
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
That's why I don't deal with stealerships
I wish I didn't but I would have been without a car for a few days if I went somewhere else
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #9590
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
They came today!

How come you haven't painted them? I want to prime and paint them tomorrow but I'm not sure how much or what I need.

Thanks Nathan! Did you bedline yours?

Any idea on how many cans I need? Also, what brand did you use for primer and liner?
Been busy but with por15 you just need to clean the metal with mineral spirts or something I would sugest scuffing them with wire wheel on a drill or grinder. I belive nate uses self adhessing spray paint its in his build but I belive he said 3 coats on both and about 4 or 8 cans of duplicolor bedlinner
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #9591
Nejeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonfire View Post
So I've never had any leaks anywhere or any drips in the driveway. When I picked my jeep up from the dealership today and they showed me where it was leaking it was soaked with a red fluid. When I got back home it was dripping out! Did the the dealership mess with something to make it look leak so it wouldn't be covered under my warranty?

I took it to my local shop right after and they said the radiator cools the transmission not the ac condenser so whether that's leaking or not I shouldn't have been 3 quarts low of transmission fluid.
The 3.7 transmission cooler is built into the top of the AC condenser, not the radiator. Just pull off the grille and you will see the lines connected there. Been there done that with the cooling line leak repair.

You should have taken it back to the dealer or whoever failed to fix it correctly instead of paying a second shop to fix the first screwup.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #9592
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Right but now my problem is that it wasn't dripping out before I brought it to the dealership and it is now. Not sure what they did but I'm not too happy about it
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #9593
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Tried to install my MLL's yesterday with no luck at all the bolts holding the shocks on wouldn't budge at all between me and a friend. Actually snapped one of the sockets in half from pulling so hard. Went to autozone to pick up a new socket real quick and bought some PB blaster to
Spray the bolts with. Sprayed them a few times yesterday so going out to check today. Hopefully it did its magic and I can get them off now!
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #9594
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Tried to install my MLL's yesterday with no luck at all the bolts holding the shocks on wouldn't budge at all between me and a friend. Actually snapped one of the sockets in half from pulling so hard. Went to autozone to pick up a new socket real quick and bought some PB blaster to
Spray the bolts with. Sprayed them a few times yesterday so going out to check today. Hopefully it did its magic and I can get them off now!
A trick that works on heavy industrial studs, never tried on auto bolts though: A significant impact perpendicular to each of the hex nut/bolt head faces - I mean a serious whack - can pulverize the rust material in the threads. if you even get the smallest amount of wiggle of turn, you're home free. A good shot of weasel piss (creeping oil) and some elbow grease back and fourth will increase the turn till she spins off. Be patient, and good luck

Blue WK Club Member #2
BurmaJack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #9595
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

Repaired coolant leak.

There appeared to be a slight coolant leak at the thermostat housing area.

Gaskets on the original t-stat were chewed up a bit.

I replaced the thermostat and upper radiator hose.

Found the coolant bleed hole and bled the system per instructions in FSM.

No more leak!!
(Sorry these photo's are so big.)
TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #9596
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurmaJack

A trick that works on heavy industrial studs, never tried on auto bolts though: A significant impact perpendicular to each of the hex nut/bolt head faces - I mean a serious whack - can pulverize the rust material in the threads. if you even get the smallest amount of wiggle of turn, you're home free. A good shot of weasel piss (creeping oil) and some elbow grease back and fourth will increase the turn till she spins off. Be patient, and good luck
Instead of weasel piss, I use mink sperm, it's got a higher viscosity rating and just plain smells better. Plus, it softens you hands.
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #9597
rubiconkid4x4
2007 WK 

Picked up a Hypertech Programmer (PN 52001) for 30 BUCKS!!! Plus gas driving 2 hours there and 2 hours back, but totally worth it!
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #9598
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconkid4x4 View Post
Picked up a Hypertech Programmer (PN 52001) for 30 BUCKS!!! Plus gas driving 2 hours there and 2 hours back, but totally worth it!
Wow!
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #9599
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconkid4x4 View Post
You make sure it wasn't vin locked? Because that's awful cheap.
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #9600
rubiconkid4x4
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
You make sure it wasn't vin locked? Because that's awful cheap.
Ill be tuning it today so i will see! The craigslist ad i found it in turned out to be a pawn shop. It was listed as 60, emailed him and he said 48 out the door and got there and he said 30 so hopefully it was worth the drive!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.