What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 638 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #9556
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Well the dealer just called me again and said my transmission fluids were low and that there is a leak somewhere and there still trying to diagnose the code about skipping 2nd gear

Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #9557
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
I've only owned it since March. Got it with 85,000 miles. Must have been original plugs. Hardly anything left. About to start ordering a lift kit and bigger tires next.
This is exactly why I wan't to change mine. Bought it with 75,000 int September. Now has 84,000. And I have no idea what the plugs look like, or if they have ever been changed. It just seems expensive and time consuming to replace 16 plugs! Do you have the hemi? How much did it cost you for all the plugs?
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #9558
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post

This is exactly why I wan't to change mine. Bought it with 75,000 int September. Now has 84,000. And I have no idea what the plugs look like, or if they have ever been changed. It just seems expensive and time consuming to replace 16 plugs! Do you have the hemi? How much did it cost you for all the plugs?
Only have the 4.7 with 8 plugs. They only cost me $1.99 with my discount at O'Reillys
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #9559
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I'm thinking about snagging 5 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's (265/70/17) on 17" Rubicon wheels for $1400 off craigslist...any opinions? I've been wanting new tires for a while but I'm held up on if I should get new wheels or try and find a fifth stock wheel for my spare. Buying these would allow me to have some cool mud terrains and keep my old wheels and tires if I ever wanted to cruise on the highway for a long distance?

edit: gahh I just found 5 BFGoodrich mud terrains on Rubicon wheels for $800. What to do???
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #9560
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
I'm thinking about snagging 5 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's (265/70/17) on 17" Rubicon wheels for $1400 off craigslist...any opinions? I've been wanting new tires for a while but I'm held up on if I should get new wheels or try and find a fifth stock wheel for my spare. Buying these would allow me to have some cool mud terrains and keep my old wheels and tires if I ever wanted to cruise on the highway for a long distance?

edit: gahh I just found 5 BFGoodrich mud terrains on Rubicon wheels for $800. What to do???
Go $800 mud terrains, for almost half the price, please that's a no brainer. You probably could find even cheaper...
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #9561
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc

I paid $129 at the dealer for my 30k maintenance. Also includes oil change tire rotation and a couple other things

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #9562
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04

I paid $129 at the dealer for my 30k maintenance. Also includes oil change tire rotation and a couple other things
Hemi btw

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #9563
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

I had some free time and half a can of black spray paint, so I painted my antenna. It actually turened out better than I thought and looks good since my Wk is black. Cheap mod.
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #9564
Bogie
2005 WK 

Since the rain held off I painted my grille, it had a crappy black Krylon job on the factory chrome, Now the surround is Stone White with the inserts being silver. (pics soon)
Previous Jeeps - 78 SJ,91 YJ,94 ZJ,98 XJ,06 LJ Rubi
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #9565
Bogie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
Since the rain held off I painted my grille, it had a crappy black Krylon job on the factory chrome, Now the surround is Stone White with the inserts being silver. (pics soon)

I'm not sure on the silver yet might go back to black what do you guys think ?
Previous Jeeps - 78 SJ,91 YJ,94 ZJ,98 XJ,06 LJ Rubi
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #9566
WieSeL

Plastidipped my new JK Moabs. Looks awesome! Love the dark green with the black wheels. Makes it look a little army imo. I put 6 coats on en to get the look I wanted. The plastidip feels a little soft still. Is 6 coats too much? Maybe too thick to fully harden up? Anyone?
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #9567
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie

I'm not sure on the silver yet might go back to black what do you guys think ?
After pic is too backlit (dark) to see any detail. maybe paint the fins white?
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #9568
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WieSeL
Plastidipped my new JK Moabs. Looks awesome! Love the dark green with the black wheels. Makes it look a little army imo. I put 6 coats on en to get the look I wanted. The plastidip feels a little soft still. Is 6 coats too much? Maybe too thick to fully harden up? Anyone?
6 coats should be fine. I put 5 coats on all of my trimming and emblems and have never had a problem with it not hardening up. Just takes a little time
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #9569
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04 View Post
Hemi btw
Champion 570's are ~$2 each at the parts stores and ~$4 at the dealer. As a reference point, my dealer charged me $164 for 16 plugs installed for the 30K service. I've done every set since then. Takes about 1.5 hrs at a leisurely pace, checking the gap of each plug before it goes in and tagging the old ones with the cylinder and position it came from (for future reference). You'll see that the MDS-cylinder plug lower electrode tips look different from the non-MDS-cylinder plugs after 30K+ miles of use. Not a difficult service task. Gap is 0.043" -or- whatever is on your engine emissions label under the hood. Torque is 12-15 ft-lbs.

One caution: Ensure the replacements have dark tips for the center electrode connection to the coil. There is another style (also tagged Champion 570) with the typical silver center upper electrodes. A number of owners report stalling problems with them installed. Do a search for the 2007 Grand Cherokee HEMI stalling problems. It's a l-o-n-g thread, so be prepared....

BTW: The 5.7L '05-'08 HEMI's take copper core plugs and should be changed every 30K miles. NGK makes a comparable replacement and 90grandoneer reports good service from them also. Champion 3570 and other upgrades have platinum tips, iridium internals, etc and may not serve you well.

Good luck.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #9570
rubiconkid4x4
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready View Post
After pic is too backlit (dark) to see any detail. maybe paint the fins white?

Gave mine a quick rinse!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.