What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 636 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #9526
ChanWK
2005 WK 

Got my flowmaster 50 in... Sounded better straight piped

ChanWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #9527
CountryRebel60
2008 WK 

finally got the new grill in, upper and lower expanded metal. and finally got my new license plate in the mail.
CountryRebel60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #9528
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanWK
Got my flowmaster 50 in... Sounded better straight piped
Really? I've got a 40 on mine and love it!

My shorty antenna in and installed, plus my superchips is in with the 87 tune installed ( gas at $4 a gallon!) lift tires and spacers r up next!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #9529
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

I added a USB port...

WTH you say? My Android tablet is USB host mode capable when plugged into it's dock. Since the dock is gutted and sitting behind the dash, I decided to run a cable to someplace more accessible. That port currently works great if I want to plug in a USB drive loaded with music for example. Although I've been working on other projects like Jeep-Core, I'll still try and get an install log up soon.
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #9530
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Damn Craig your work is so perfect! nice job
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #9531
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Damn Craig your work is so perfect! nice job

Thanks man! I had to get a little creative with the cable to get it fit behind there. I definitely wanted it to look like it may have been OEM. A X-Acto knife and some epoxy were a great help.

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #9532
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Looks great bud! Your work makes me really want to do something with my ancient factory stereo when I get home.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #9533
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Looks great bud! Your work makes me really want to do something with my ancient factory stereo when I get home.
Omelet I actually just upgraded from my retro-fitted RER to an RHR with absolutely no issues in my '05 WK! I freaking love the Bluetooth audio streaming
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #9534
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Thank you Nathan. I've been living with the tablet install for a few months now, and I can't imagine using anything else. Of course, I've got over 2 years of use into my TJ Android install, so I may be a bit biased. The convenience is so far beyond any other option. Even more so when you consider how much you'd have to spend to get any other aftermarket solution that could do (almost) the same things.

So, I spent a little time playing with the screen layout over lunch today. I've almost got it where I want it. I may play with the button design a little more, but the usability is definitely there.

Unread 06-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #9535
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru

Thank you Nathan. I've been living with the tablet install for a few months now, and I can't imagine using anything else. Of course, I've got over 2 years of use into my TJ Android install, so I may be a bit biased. The convenience is so far beyond any other option. Even more so when you consider how much you'd have to spend to get any other aftermarket solution that could do (almost) the same things.

So, I spent a little time playing with the screen layout over lunch today. I've almost got it where I want it. I may play with the button design a little more, but the usability is definitely there.
Wow, is all I can say.
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #9536
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt

Omelet I actually just upgraded from my retro-fitted RER to an RHR with absolutely no issues in my '05 WK! I freaking love the Bluetooth audio streaming
RHR? Where do you find one and what is involved with swapping one in from an old REC like I have?
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #9537
bhawks28
2009 WK 

yeah Billybcpt, I'd LOVE to swap out my RER for an RHR for bluetooth audio streaming
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #9538
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28
yeah Billybcpt, I'd LOVE to swap out my RER for an RHR for bluetooth audio streaming
Here's a link to my install thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/m...alled-1393534/

The install is exactly the same just with an RHR!

Also here's a couple pics showing its an RHR and the BT Audio streaming working:
image-3299071409.jpg   image-441586688.jpg  
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #9539
Wilbready
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt

Here's a link to my install thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/m...alled-1393534/

The install is exactly the same just with an RHR!

Also here's a couple pics showing its an RHR and the BT Audio streaming working:
Great news and very informative! My only question, if you encountered this, is about the VES. My '05 has the VES factory installed video system and I wonder if the Mygig would allow the VES to interface with it.
Unread 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #9540
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbready

Great news and very informative! My only question, if you encountered this, is about the VES. My '05 has the VES factory installed video system and I wonder if the Mygig would allow the VES to interface with it.
Yes it does!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.